• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

bizarre tragedy

Oh that's unbelieveable...the trainer's statement doesn't seem to be relevant to this case at all :(

How sick is this? Saying that, would you really let anyone muzzle your dog and then poke it and yell at it?

GSD's are exceptionally highly strung dogs and I would have thought that even in a mild form that this sort of behaviour would be the worst you could use :x

What that poor baby must have gone through is just beyond belief, I feel so sad for the poor little man :(

ALL dogs need a calm but firm and understanding approach, not some lunatic screaming at them and prodding them. I hope they impose a stiff sentence on this so called trainer.

May poor Ringo run free at the Bridge with the bunnies :flwr:

:( Neither one of them should be allowed around dogs. How could they give her another dog, if her judgement of the trainer and the whole situation was so poor? Here is another example of why we need professional licensing for all trainers! How upsetting :(

that's disgusting to hear. :yuk: First off, I don't understand why anybody would even put their dogs through that. Part of the "procedure" is not acceptable. Urinate and defacate on himself being normal? Can you imagine how much stress you'de have to be under to cause that? I would have said no thank you and found myself another trainer. Secondly, where do they get these trainers from? I can't believe she was going to perform a "doggy exorcism." That's ludacrous. I wonder how much training experience she had? I agree with Cathy - all trainers should have to have a license to train.. .. :(

OMG!! :yikes That "technique" sounds like some kind of ritualistic, religious, cult nonsense. I agree, that individual should not be allowed to train animals. I wonder though, if the "information" regarding Ringo's treatment is accurate. Sounds to me like she is just trying to lay the blame on someone else. What a sad, sad situation.

JaneB

it reminds me of the kid who was killed by "rebirthing therapy" a few years ago, suffocated to death by two therapists, with the help of her mother. the kid had some behavior problems so the mother tried conventional psychiatry but the kid still was a "problem child" to this mother--the child had been adopted by the woman as an older child. she was 10 years old when the single mother took her to the rebirthing therapist. The whole session is on tape, and reading a transcript of it is heartwrenching. the child tells themshe's dying, she can't breathe, she pleads for her life, and they just tell her "Go ahead and die. You have to die to be reborn." When she dies, they don't accept responsibility, they insisted it wasn't their fault. The mother didn't accept any responsibility either. the child was the scapegoat unitl the end. Here's a brief articile:

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0999/is_7293_322/ai_74798497

It sounds like the dog went through something like this--how terrifying to be over powered and killed while you are conscious and being told it's for your own good.

here's an article from the same paper from today. that poor dog... i hope this gets more widely publicized in hopes that it might sway some other people away from allowing anythnig like this to be done to their dog. People don't always know and may end up trusting experts, but if they know about something like this, it could make a strong impression and influence their future choices.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/search/content/local_news/epaper/2006/07/19/s1b_deaddog_0719.html[/url]

This whole story is just bizarre!! I can't imagine anyone letting someone do this to their dog. They surely don't need another dog!!

Back