• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Going to miss my babies

fuzzie bear

I'm off on holidays tomorrow and i'm almost tempted not to go... I'm going to miss my babies like mad !

And I swear they know something is going on - Baileys become all clingy and Ruby is acting like she has a bee in her bum.

I only wish I could bring them with me...

Anyone else suffer from cavalier withdrawel when they go away ??

When my husband and I went to IL to pick up Willow, it was the first night we'd ever spent away from Cedar since she came to us. I constantly worried about her, even though my brother was house/puppy sitting for us. She is absolutely in LOVE with my brother--a college-aged boy who comes over regularly to do laundry, etc.--so she's used to him and is completely comfortable with him. She was in her own house, with her special man, and there was nothing to worry about for just one night and 2 days. But alas, I called my brother each day to just check in. :roll:

When we got home, my brother had taken her over to his place for an outing, so we picked her up there. Cedar was happy to see us, but she was in no hurry to go home. She had found a stuffed gorilla to play with, my brother's roommate was giving her special attention, and she was running around like a spoiled kid after a weekend with an uncle. She didnt even take time out of her busy play date to say much to Willow, but of course, Willow immediately took to my brother. So now he has two girls over here who ADORE him. :roll:

I go away to the beach each summer. Next week is my beach week and my parents care for Teddy but he pines away in the hallway or looking out the window for me....I call every day to ask how he eats, poops and pees ...yes I am NEUROTIC!!!! My mom was away last week and Teddy places himself on the rug where he can stare dead-on at the door for his person to come back. He is happiest when all of his people are home!
My friend used to insist that dogs just love us because it is food driven.
Now that she has gotten to know Teddy, she has changed her mind.
She thinks this breed is completely perfect and special. She has a lovely golden with reddish hair.

I know you will miss your babies :( ...I totally relate!

Nancy
NewJersey

Oh yes.... :lol:

when Donna had my two girls when I went away last year I was on the phone every 5 mins and in the end came home a day early!!!

I must have driven her mad!!!

I didn't worry at all about the girls being with their Antee Donaz and Maxx, they were just as spoilt and loved there as if they were at home with me but I just missed them so much.

I guess it's natural!

Alison, Wilts, u.K.

Don't you complame, I'm moving this summer and I can't take my babies with my! And I'm moving for TWO YEARS!! :yikes :( :cry*ing: :(
I can onley see them during christmas and in the summer :( :( :(

I understand you well, I am so dependent on my babies! Hate going somewhere without them but I know it is just good for me and my boys to get used of it to be departed sometimes in few days. But I have very saldom be without them over a night but sometimes I have to.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm off on a long car trip with my mother :sl*p: next week and am trying to decide if I dare bring along one or both of my girls. Ten days without them seems like an eternity, and of course, I'll be stewing about how much care and attention they will receive from my darling hubby. What to do, what to do???

JaneB

Now I really don't feel so bad that I feel so bad....LOL. Does that make sense? I am leaving for Botswana and Zambia in a few weeks and I am leaving my babies with my daughter. I almost want to cancel as well, except my husband would divorce me!!!

Jack is only four and a half months old and he will be lost. Maxwell is a whopping 1.5 years old and will have to keep it all together for Jack till we return home.

Anyone want a free trip with a very nice guy to Africa???

Nancy

:lol: :lol: :lol: So it's not just me :lol: :lol: :lol: I know how bad Alison is but the rest of you are too :lol: :lol: :lol:

We had to go to a family wedding and I made 15 phone calls that day to check on my boys :yikes

When Maxx was quite young we went to USA for a 3 week holiday that had been booked 12 months in advance. He went to stay with Grandma and whilst I know my Mum is more than capable of looking after a dog (she used to keep Toy Poodle show and stud dogs when I was a kid) & that he'd be totally ruined there -he had more bed at Grandma's as it was only him and Grandma :lol: I was still really upset icon_whistling

My Mum couldn't believe it when I phoned every day just to talk to Maxx :lotsaluv: . She's always thought me mad but then she knew for sure :lol:

Minniesmum, we are taking 4 of our lot (plus four adults) on a cottages 4 you holiday, they cater especially for people with dogs....

my husband and i sometimes have to go out of the country with work, up to a month and it breaks my heart every time!

she stays with either my parents or my sister and her hubby, who all love her and she loves them.. but i always feel sooo horrible

i've looked into getting a pet passport so we can take her with us on the longer trips (ie 2 days or more.. haha) .. but i don't feel so happy about her having to go in the luggage hold and i think she's too big for an 'in cabin' dog

(plus it would be international) - has anyone else ever done it? (sorry i know that's slightly off topic)

bonniepirate,

I think you ahve wonderful arrangements and whilst you miss your baby I'll bet she has a whale of a time :lol:

My own personal views on pet passports are that they are great for caravanning holidays etc but I wouldn't want to take my dogs if they had to go in the hold :(

It's not without its faults either. My hubbies brother and his wife got them for their two dogs and went away to Germany in their spacious motorhome to visit their son. On the way back, they were stopped by the German border control and told that the passports were not in order (they were). Result was it costing them a fortune in German vets fees, paperwork & phone calls and lost days for my B-I-L at work :roll:

Best to 'leave sleeping dogs lie at Grannies or Aunties :lol: '

yeah, i think i'd feel a whole lot worse than 'missing her like crazy' if something happened while travelling internationally!

Back