• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I won't survive...

*Jenný*

Can anyone here tell me how I will survive four months without my darlings? And after that 6 months without them?

I and my family are moving to Sweden this autumn, becous one family member is going to university. We have decided that Nóra will stay on Iceland. She will go to her breeder again untill we returne from Sweden, after two and a half year. Her breeder lives near the mountains, so she can run free everyday, and go hunting with him. If we would take her with us she could almost never run free, and I think she will be much more happier in Iceland.

But, I am thinking about what to do about Bono. I want so much to have him with me, but what to do with him when we go home on hollidays? I do not want to put him on a dog hotel in Sweden, and we can't take him with us home. And if he would come with us, when he goes home again, he would have to go to insulation for two months!

So, I think that it would be much better for him to stay here on Iceland in my grandma's house. She lives in the same town that Sunna (F&M) lives in and than Bono could meet Fjalar and Molder a lot more often. And I would see him every christmas and every hole summer.
But I know I'm gonna miss them sooo much, but I have to think of what is best for them.
What do you think?

Lonely, I'll be miss Lonley...

I would not survive.... iwould do what it takes to take them with me ...... icould not survive with out kayla ... I prefer to stay home with her than go anywhere with out her... if it is for a short holiday that is fine but thats about it

Well thats going to be very hard,,,,I couldn't do it, not for 2.5 years. perhaps a few months but not that long length of time.

I'm bad enough going away for a two week holiday and leaving them, I always want to come home early LOL.

Alison, wilts, U.K.

I think you are very brave to go without them.
I couldn't leave mine, we have not even been away on holiday for the five years since we have had them.
I sometimes visit my daughter in London, and leave them for one night at home with my OH and other daughter. Toby is sad the whole time and sits on the windowsill looking out for me. I miss him too, and can't wait to get back. :(

Oh, thank you...
I will meet them five times during that time. I'll come home during cristmas and summer, and I will spend all my time with my darlings. Like I said, this will be very, very difficult, but it means more to me that they will feel good.

I just couldn't think of Bono alone for three months on a dog hotel where he can't go out or no-one hugs him and kiss...

You just have to help my surviving this, with posting photos and stories of your babies! And I will get news and pics of Bono and Nóra send to me from the Ice.

I agree with you Jenny, I think it's best for Bono to stay here and when you come to Iceland, you can share all your time with him. Of cource you have the most spare time on your holidays and it is when you are here with your babies. It is not good for Bono to be long time in some doghotel in Sweden or if he have to go to insulation for two months!

I have so enjoyed your pictures and F&N pictures. You both have such fun with your dogs. I look for both your posts because I love the scenery and the happy dogs in the scenes.

I can't imagine being without them for so long. But reading your details, I think you are making the right decision for both dogs in leaving them in Iceland. If you cannot spend quality time with them in Sweden, the dogs would be miserable. It sounds like the dogs would both be in much better happy places if they stay in Iceland. But it is going to be so...... hard on you.

:( that's very sad. but listening to you, i support your judgement of what's best for them, it's a loving decision.

hmmmm. maybe you can get webcams set up so you can see each other on line and you can talk to them and at least "hug" them with your voice and smile from week to week or day to day. I think i would do that with Zack because he relates so strongly to Tv images.

everyone here will be here for you and will want to hear how you and they are doing, during the separation. :hug:

judy said:
:( that's very sad. but listening to you, i support your judgement of what's best for them, it's a loving decision.

hmmmm. maybe you can get webcams set up so you can see each other on line and you can talk to them and at least "hug" them with your voice and smile from week to week or day to day. I think i would do that with Zack because he relates so strongly to Tv images.

everyone here will be here for you and will want to hear how you and they are doing, during the separation. :hug:

That's a brilliant idea! :flwr: Sometimes when I'm away, I talk to Bono and Nóra in th phone, that is wonerfull to hear the person who is taking care of them tell my how the react :lol:

And thank you all for the support :hug:

Judy's idea is a brilliant one. I don't think I could leave my babies for that long and I think you're very brave. Can you not take Bono with you? I can understand you leaving Nora with her breeder so she can have freedom but Bono is only little......

Do you not have doggie passports over there in Iceland?

Maxxs_Mummy said:
Judy's idea is a brilliant one. I don't think I could leave my babies for that long and I think you're very brave. Can you not take Bono with you? I can understand you leaving Nora with her breeder so she can have freedom but Bono is only little......

Do you not have doggie passports over there in Iceland?

No we don't have such kind of passports.
I would propably take him with my if there wherent the insulation. When a animal comes to the country, they have to go to that island and stay there for two months. And like I said, he would than have to stay on a dog hotel in Sweden while we go home to Iceland for a visit.
And I am not so sure that he could stand that.
So, I think I am taking the right decision for him... But it's hard :(

also, maybe at least once a month, send a package with some soft object that you have slept with every night for a week, with your fresh scent on it. when you talk to them on the phone or on the web, they can have the fresh scent with them at the time....

it does sound very hard, what you will have to go through. i can understand that you don't want to put bono through a long quarantine. I would have a hard time with that too. I'd rather have zack in a safe happy environment that i'm familiar with than have him in some warehouse situation that i don't know anything about for a long period, or even a short one...

Back