• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ouestions on Phoebe

brid kenny

I have 2 questions in relation to Phoebe,
1. Since I had her spayed I'm more conscious of her diet.
But I really can't understand the instructions on the package. We're using Pedigree puppy dry food. She is 17 months old and is just under 10 k's. Can anyone give me a measurement that's appropriate for her in terms of say an average sized mug measurement?

2. She was spayed last week and my sister's non neutered male dog was with us yesterday. He would not leave her alone. He tried to hump her a lot!! :yuk: And kept licking her. :yuk: He doesn't normally do this except when she was in heat. Is this her or him that's at "fault"?

Thanks in advance,
Brid.

brid kenny said:
I have 2 questions in relation to Phoebe,
1. Since I had her spayed I'm more conscious of her diet.
But I really can't understand the instructions on the package. We're using Pedigree puppy dry food. She is 17 months old and is just under 10 k's. Can anyone give me a measurement that's appropriate for her in terms of say an average sized mug measurement?

2. She was spayed last week and my sister's non neutered male dog was with us yesterday. He would not leave her alone. He tried to hump her a lot!! :yuk: And kept licking her. :yuk: He doesn't normally do this except when she was in heat. Is this her or him that's at "fault"?

Thanks in advance,
Brid.

Where to start ;) -- at 17 months old-- she probably shouldn't be on puppy food-- most breeders only use puppy food for a few months to a year ((IF at all)).
There are much better brands of food on the market-- OK, I'll stop there with the food.
If she "smells" funny -- dogs will lick-- If she has a bacterial imbalance-- he might think that is a sign of a female in heat. "Humping" doesn't usually mean anything sexual- If he was sexually aroused- ahhh you would notice. Oh my-- Sandy

The puppy food should definitely go -- this is generally much higher in calories and nutrients and is really intended for dogs up to about 10-12 months, if at all. I never fed puppy food but some people do.

I'd recommend:

1) James Wellbeloved
2) Burns
or
3) Royal Canin for small breeds.

Tara and Lisa sell James Wellbeloved out at the training centre for less than it costs at pet shops.

Back