• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Night Night

Cathy T

After reading through and posting on the thread re crating I thought I'd share some pictures of my guys going night night in their crates. As you can tell...they have no issues with it! I like that I am able to leave them out during the day but love that they sleep in their crates so everyone in my household gets a good night's sleep...especially me!!

Could you close the door already?? I'm ready to go night night.
HPIM1503.jpg

Shelby sleeps with her puppy because she likes to have a pillow to rest her chin on
HPIM1501.jpg

I think it's interesting that they lay on the sides next to each other
HPIM1504.jpg

This is why I don't feel bad about crating my guys at night. They no sooner go into their crates than they are down and out for the night.

What lovely tri-color cavaliers. They look so content in their crates. They are all fitted out with their matching sheets. Very nice.

Cathy love the pics they look very content in their crates..Just a few ques for u 1)Do u have to lock the crate doors @ nit or during the day....With King I just close the door and he stays in it all day long w/o locking it he nevers pushes it open to come out @ all... 2) was size crate do u have for ur kids?? I use for King a 24" crate but I've known ppl that have 30"-36" cuz their cavs are so big....some are 30lbs..now that's big

Aaron - yes, I latch the door at night. We did that with Jake because we didn't want him getting out at night and getting attacked by the cat :yikes Then it just became habit. They have no problem with it and settle down quite nicely at night. There have been times when one of them needed out (usually Jake! upset tummy, throwing up, whatever) and any time they bark I immediately come out to see what's up. If either of them isn't feeling well I sleep with them in the spare bedroom (so hubby can sleep since he gets up to go to work in the a.m. and I don't have to leave the house to go to work). Luckily these time are few and far between. In 3 years there has been one time when Shelby needed out and didn't "tell" me and had diahhrea in her crate. They both know just a bark sends momma running.

As far as crate size...they are 18 x 24.

Cathy when King was a pup he had a few accidents in his crate usually they were a diahhrea attack so he couldn't hold it..Also he doesn't bark or whine so he didn't let me kno he had to go so i no idea of knowing bout it until I woke up the next morning...I just wanted to kno wat size crate u had cuz ur 2 looks bout King's size and he fits perfectly in his crate...He can also fit his comfort pup in there too....

Oh Cathy, they look like an old married couple in their twin beds. :lol: :lol: They are just too cute. The pillow cases are a great idea that I am going to steal.

We have two travelling boxes (plastic and a gate) - with sheepskin beds inside - and normally Woody or Busta goes in there when he wants a rest when we are watching tele - they have two purposes one for the dogs and they are great coffee tables as we have one either side of Darren and me, they are okay with them in the car as they go in the back seat facing each other.

Awwwww but why not lift the covers between them and let them see each other? Don't you think they might like to lie together? I mean, i know they already lie side by side but my two very often snuggle right up to each other to sleep :l*v:

Maxxs_Mummy said:
Awwwww but why not lift the covers between them and let them see each other? Don't you think they might like to lie together? I mean, i know they already lie side by side but my two very often snuggle right up to each other to sleep :l*v:

:D :D I've tried lifting the covers thinking they might like to see each other...Jake started barking!! As soon as I put the covers back he has fine. My two don't cuddle with each other. They did a bit when Shelby was a baby but that was her choice not his. They pretty much never share the bed and usually lay on opposite couches. They love to cuddle with us but rarely with each other.

LMAO typical man :lol: Funny how people say that the boys are more loving. I actually found that Holly, my little foster girl was far more loving and cuddly than either of my boys :roll:

Back