Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vacation??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vacation??

Ok well in bout little less then a month we're goin on vacation to visit my aunt uncle and cousin...they live bout 15 mins from VA Beach...well my aunt is really big on dog shows and agility....so she has basically a whole agility set in her backyard..well last time we were there I could only get King to go through the tunnel (a 20ft tunnel)..but the only way to get him to go the first time was to go through with him!!!! so here i was inching my way 20ft through this tunnel that i just barely fit in... after bout 20 mins on me inching through wit him he loved goin through it by himself...every1 was laughing their a**es off @ me inching through..

So this time Im hoping we can try to do the weeve poles or the A frame.. I also want to go check out some stores to try to find some new things for my baby...

Also King is really looking forward to this trip...He got 8 cousins there too..7 papillons and 1 poodle but the poodle is to fond of King but they get along so it will b like a big mob of fur running around at play time....

I'll take lots of pictures....hopefully we'll go to the beach so we can go swimming too...
    Aaron, King and the rest of family
    living in NY

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Aaron, That sounds like a fun vacation! I'm laughing about you inching through the tunnel to teach King! In agility class we started out scrunching the tunnel up to make it short - most dogs will go in if they can see right through. Then we gradually lengthen it, and finally add a curve when they are used to running the full length.

I made my own equipment (jumps and weaves) very inexpensively with pvc pipe. I will try to post pictures this week so you can see how easy it is! It will be easy to teach King to jump, but weaves are more difficult, and people usually use one of two methods - your aunt will show you! I'm still luring Geordie through the weaves with treats!

If you start off with the a-frame not too steep, King will probably learn it easily! Little dogs like the a-frame because they are up high and like the view!!
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

When King was bout 7-8months we did try the weave poles he only got through 3 poles then lost interest...Her A-frame is only like 4ft tall so hopefully he'll get the hang of it....Cathy every1 was laughing so hard that they were literally crying when i was inching through the tunnel... hopefully we'll get good pics of him and his cousins to
    living in NY

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs are wonderful! I think I would have to do this to, go through the tunnel with my boys. Probably I would have to go first with some cheese or something good in my hands so Molder would come but maybe Fjalar would go alone hehe..
    I look forward to see the pictures
    Sunna & the dogs:
    Fjalar (8 years old tricolour boy)
    Mirra (5 years old blenheim girl)
    Molder (black & tan) - beautiful angel waiting at the Rainbow~Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Got any pics of you in the tunnel?????

Why is it that we'll do all sorts of daft things for our dogs that we'd never do for another human?

Post Thanks / Like

Aaron - sounds like you are all going to have a wonderful vacation. Definitely take lots of pictures...and have lots of fun!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Have fun on your vacation Aaron! Take lotsa pictures (especially if you have to inch through that tunnel again!) lol :P

Post Thanks / Like

Will do every1
    living in NY

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhhh-- what is a va-ca-tion.. Nope -- I don't get it? Sandy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WoodHaven
    Ahhhh-- what is a va-ca-tion.. Nope -- I don't get it? Sandy
    I think for us multiple dog people that is just a day off from work spent home cuddling with the puppies! Really can't think of any place I would rather be anyway!
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......