Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: wow, innova evo

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if you can get the Innova in Ireland?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've never seen Innova in Ireland.

The best foods here are in my opinion:

Burns
    Royal Canin
    James Wellbeloved
    Clinivet

There are a couple of more unusual foods as well but you will have a harder time finding a distributor. Burns and Clinivet can be quite hard to find as well. The dog shows especially on St Pats day are a good time to go get an overview of available foods and find out where they are available.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Judy - Busta is a really picky eater - but he loves James Wellbeloved, but even now he sticks his nose up at it sometimes, I just talk the dish up and he will either eat it later when he barks at it - or it goes back in his jar and then I give it back to him in the morning which he will always eat.

I don't think you should keep changing his food (he did have a funny belly in the beginning), buy a really good quality food as per Karlins messagne -and try him on it (introduce it slow to the current one he is having) - if he does'nt eat miss that feed, try again half an hour to an hour later or try again in the morning.

I am sure he will wolf it down then.

Post Thanks / Like

Judy how's Zack liking the Innova:EVO??? King absolutly loves the stuff...Tonit he had the Evo wit grated carrots, grated NBL turkey roll, and lil Vets Choise Meaty Mix Chicken all mixed up he ate faster then I've ever seen him eat..he enjoyed every bit of it... I also gave him a couple of dried cranberries only like 2-3 he sniffed them for a sec then gobbled all 3 in one bite....lol so now i found a food that King loves and is healthy for him at the same time
    Aaron, King and the rest of family
    living in NY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claire
    Judy - Busta is a really picky eater - but he loves James Wellbeloved, but even now he sticks his nose up at it sometimes, I just talk the dish up and he will either eat it later when he barks at it - or it goes back in his jar and then I give it back to him in the morning which he will always eat.
    He barks at it?

Anyway, you're right, i think that is the key to the whole thing, as Karlin says. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Take the food away and when he gets fed again, it will be a happy reunion between him and the food, he will show the otherwise missing pleasure. It's understandable that he doesn't feel the same way about kibble that he feels about boiled range free chicken and rice of course, but things can get better between him and kibble...

I don't think you should keep changing his food (he did have a funny belly in the beginning),
    the thing is, i'm not sure it's accurate to think of him as having sensitve or troubled digestion or difficulty with foods. He's never shown any difficulty with any foods, canned food did cause softer stools, but that's normal from what i hear. But the digestive problems he had in the beginning, in retrospect, seem to have been caused by an infestation with some parasite or something which was allowed to get worse and worse by misdiagnosis. If he had been corretly diagnosed the first day i took him to the vet with the diarrhea, he would've been properly treated and his diarrhea would've lasted two days and then become a thing of the past, vomiting never would've developed, and the concept of Zack being a dog with tendencies toward digestive problems never would've been born. Or, if instead of listening to the vet, i'd just taken the advice of the woman i got him from who felt sure it was parasites/worms, provided me with medications that would've immediately gotten rid of the diarrhea for good, but instead i put her medications aside and followed the vet's advice and gave him the worthless ineffective medication the vet prescribed. And so, Zack came to be seen as a kind of dog who has digestive problems. but it seems that the only problem his digestion had was being clogged with worms. that, and it taking a month and several switches of vets to find that out and fix it.

I hope im right. I haven't seen any evidence that he has an abnormally sensitive digestion. So far anyway. i don't want to see him as having a problem he doesn't have. There are enough real problems in the course of a lifetime...

buy a really good quality food as per Karlins messagne -and try him on it (introduce it slow to the current one he is having) - if he does'nt eat miss that feed, try again half an hour to an hour later or try again in the morning.

I am sure he will wolf it down then.
    yes, i believe this. I've just been reluctant to do it because i've been worried if i leave him hungry when i'm off at work, he might chew inappropriate things out of emotions related to being hungry. But i'm ready to do this now. It's excellent advice, which i would give to others myself. It's the last piece of normalizing his eating after that bizarre beginning with all the problems, which left me (not him) traumatized.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofthehouse86
    Judy how's Zack liking the Innova:EVO??? King absolutly loves the stuff...Tonit he had the Evo wit grated carrots, grated NBL turkey roll, and lil Vets Choise Meaty Mix Chicken all mixed up he ate faster then I've ever seen him eat..he enjoyed every bit of it... I also gave him a couple of dried cranberries only like 2-3 he sniffed them for a sec then gobbled all 3 in one bite....lol so now i found a food that King loves and is healthy for him at the same time
    wow, what you gave him sounds almost appetizing to ME. you really pamper that guy. and he deserves every bit of it.

after the gas yesterday and the loose stool in the afternoon, which followed eating only Innova Evo in the morning and evening the day before and in the morning yesterday, last night i have him his previous main food, California Natural Lamb and Rice, and i mixed just a little Innova Evo in with it, and he has eaten that mixture last night and this morning. I haven't seen a stool today, doesn't mean there hasn't been one in the backyard (time to go hunting), but last night, seemingly too soon to be the result of reducing the Evo and giving mostly CN, he had a firm stool so, i'm less sure that the Evo caused the gas and loose stool. but i still tend to think so.

so, he does like it, but right now my plan is to just gradually phase it in over the next week or two, and see whether once he's completely transferred to the Evo, he still gets any gas or loose stools. No gas or loose stool since mid day yesterday. I hope it will agree with him, since he likes it and since it sounds like some very healthy stuff.

The info on it says it's as close as you can get to feeding raw with a kibble. I dont' know if that's hype or if there's truth to it--that's their marketing claim.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Judy, when I switched my three to Evo, I had to do it gradually for the same reason. Since they've been eating Evo everyday they all have firm poops all the time, which is really wonderful when I'm on yard cleanup duty every evening!
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Judy - I put it up on the side for him to see and then he barks and we put it on the floor - hold the other two and then he wolfs it down in one go..... we are probably wrong for doing this but it works.

Post Thanks / Like

Judy it could be the reason Zack is having gas and loose stools is because of the double the amount of protein in the Evo and his body isn't used to it...King rarely has loose stools and the gas part....well lets just say he's gasy enough...but I dont think its from the Evo, mayb its just him
    Aaron, King and the rest of family
    living in NY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Moon
    Judy, when I switched my three to Evo, I had to do it gradually for the same reason. Since they've been eating Evo everyday they all have firm poops all the time, which is really wonderful when I'm on yard cleanup duty every evening!
    i do relate. as of today, i've worked up to 50/50 old kibble and evo, and since the loose stool and gas following a day on pure evo for the first time, there have been no more of those things. excellent tootsie roll stool today. the flies sure seemed to like it.

the more i increase the proportion of evo, the more positive he acts toward his food. i'm so pleased there is a kibble he actually likes, not that he just tolerates and puts up with but appears to enjoy, and which actually is supposed to be highly nutritious. very cool.