• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Just when I start to think I want another one . . .

arasara

I have really been thinking about getting a second Cavalier. Kosmo and I were on a walk the other day and he met another girl dog named Fifi. They played for about 10 minutes and then the lady said she had to go and the whole time they were walking away Kosmo was crying. It broke my little heart and I'de really like to have someone for him to play with all the time. Just when I start to research it, something like this happens:

I went grocery shopping like always and I was getting ready to pay. I think the bill was like $125 or something, so you you know, I had LOTSA groceries. I get ready to pay and it says "please scan your credit card.." So I am scanning and scanning.. and it's not processing ! :yikes :yikes So just when I think about asking the lady what the deal is, I start examining my credit card and can faintly see two little Kosmo bite marks in it!! :sl*p: That's the only thing I carry with me because I am somewhat of a points freak, so I ended up having to run across the street to another store for Avi and put my groceries on hold. I told him and he's like "Hey wait, no card? No card means you can spend no money!! Thanks Kosmo!" lol. . . So it looks like I am without a credit card for a few weeks until they can send me another! :| I guess it could be worse though. Friday a guy came to work who has a golden lab pup and he said he took a shower in the morning and left his wallet on the bed. The dog is now big enough to put his front paws on the bed and apparently the wallet was close enough for the dog to grab it.. When he got out of the shower he said the pup had shredded $350 of the $500 in his wallet. LOL

So then we get back home tonight and Kos is contently sitting under the dining room table and I think he's chewing on his new booda bone. A few seconds later I glance over to see it's actually something GREEN he has.. so I go over and take it out of his mouth and just as I was about to say "Kosmo where did you find a leaf?" I screamed! It was a half gutless Grasshopper!! :yuk:

Did any of you guys experience this kinda stuff or did I just get an oddball? lol

That is life with dogs...
My girls mom -- when she was 10 years old opened her moms purse and pulled out 2 --100 dollar bills. She was caught with one in her mouth-- but the other was already 'gone". The owner went on potty patrol and found more than 50% of the ingested bill--- THE bank replaced the bill rotflmao. Sandy

arasara said:
.. When he got out of the shower he said the pup had shredded $350 of the $500 in his wallet. LOL

OUCH! Reallly!!

sounds like it's never a dull moment with kosmo.
i can't say zack has ever done anything like that. I'm the one who does those kinds of things to myself. zack is just a humble witness.
(knock on wood).

in fact, my other dogs didn't do stuff like that either. Yet dogs are famous for doing those things. i think my dogs pick up that i'm the one who loses money and cell phones and things and they have to compensate by being on good behavior.

my daughter's boyfriend got up in the morning to go to work and let their cavalier Belle out of the kitchen where she spends the night, and he left for work. It was just a half hour until Lisa woke up to get ready for work and in that half hour Belle had destroyed Lisa's cell phone to a point where it didn't work anymore and she had to buy a new one. Belle is a powerful chewer and goes through toys really fast. her owners' possessions are next in line. they have to keep an eye on that girl. if you could see her, she is just the sweetest little girl, you'd never guess that under that soft gentle veneer is .... icon_whistling ....SUPER CHOMP.

WoodHaven said:
...My girls mom -- when she was 10 years old opened her moms purse and pulled out 2 --100 dollar bills. She was caught with one in her mouth-- but the other was already 'gone". The owner went on potty patrol and found more than 50% of the ingested bill--- THE bank replaced the bill rotflmao. Sandy

Oh, Sandy, that's too funny. Thank goodness the bank replaced it! I wonder what all a banker has seen.... :sl*p:

They're little angels aren't they? We moved into our last house when Maxx was only a pup and one day he came down the stairs with bright blood red lips :yikes

I couldn't figure out what it was (once I'd determined it wasn't blood!) until a few days later I was taking a bath and spied my kids dressing up make-up on a low shelf.... Maxx had eaten a whole lipstick :yikes :roll:

He also stole a pack of tampons and chewed them until the wrappers popped then decorated the house & garden with them whilst I cleaned the kids' rooms :lol:

He also chewed a mobile phone but only the very small ariel - I think he was trying to answer it :lol: . It belonged to my son and was set to automatic answer on loudspeaker. We'd all gone out shopping and I made the kids double check that they had their mobile phones in case we got separated. My eldest being the daydreamer he is, assured me he had his phone but had really left it on a low coffee table at home.

When we got separated and I rang his phone and called him, Maxx must have gotten excited and was trying to get Mamma out of the phone :lol:

My dogs have never eaten cash or anything but they've cost me plenty :lol: .

My hubby however, was left embarrassed by my eldest when he was about 3 years old. He had lots of play food, play money and a cash register to play 'shops' with. Unbeknown to me, he'd let his friend take his 'money' home and then borrowed the contents of Daddy's wallet! Daddy went to the supermarket and as he went to pay he opened his wallet to find it completely empty :yikes I think he must have panicked a bit but then Rhys piped up 'Daddy, I borrowed your pennies, they're in my till!' - only thing was, he'd taken his cards and driving licence as well :roll:

I got a phone call from a very stressed hubby to go and rescue him before he abandoned a small child :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's too funny,

well, except for the grasshopper bit, that would have grossed me out, especially because you thought it was a leaf, it would have been a nasty surprise :shock:

i'm sure she's still your little angel :D

felicity

How about finding Ozzy the other day had just chewed Darrens £250.00 Gucci wedding shoes.... I could'nt tell him off as he was sitting away from them. I am sure he (Darren not Ozzy) can wear them again (are you reading this Darren) as his trousers will cover it up...... it was such a shock I really did'nt mind him eating my 3.50 flip flops that time.... :yikes :yikes :yikes

PMSL Claire :lol: When Maxx was a pup he ate my very expensive black patent leather shoes - I paid £95 in the sale about 10 years ago :yikes I told hubby 'It's OK they are old' (well they were about 3 years old). Hubs was fine about it until we were moving house a few weeks later and he found the receipt for them in one of the drawers :oops: :lol:

Thing is, if shoes are left out, how can you shout at the poor babies????? icon_whistling

It was one of those days - I was having a shower and would normally shut the door (just incase he pees in the bed) and Darren was downstairs, they must have come up and gone in there.......I have to remind myself that they are little sods sometimes whatever age they are and try to think of things in their view.... :sl*p:

Back