Thread: Who's gorgeous then?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who's gorgeous then?

I was sitting on the sofa last night and said "hello, gorgeous" to Cailean as he wandered past.

Next thing I know, Bradley leapt up onto my lap, front legs round on my shoulders, licking me passionately!

So, little Bradley obviously thinks HE's the only gorgeous one around

This is the little lad who, up til 12 days ago, lived in a puppy farm all his life. Amazing how loving these dogs are isn't it?

Incidentally, Cailean and Bradley are like brothers - lots of kisses around.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats amazing isn't it... they are such loving dogs !!! I am so happy that i chose to buy one they are adorable

Post Thanks / Like

Thats so sweet! In our house you can't get kisses from one without the other butting in. My brother in law has a 12 week old blenheim who was trying to get to sleep in my lap last week - Twinkle butted in and sat up near my head as if to say that my mum not yours

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We want to hear lots more about Bradley, too!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Bradley's amazing, considering his background.

We're taking things slowly. I'm working from home for a few weeks, so he's always with someone. Having said that, he doesn't come upstairs - when he's not out for his walkies, or in the garden, he prefers to lay quietly downstairs.

He has lots of cuddles - you only have to call his name and he's up snuggling.

He sleeps well at night - usually starts on our bed!!! , and then moves to his own bed, but will often be found sleeping right in front of the fan. First thing in the morning, he's back on our bed to give us our morning kisses.

His appetite is fine and everything's coming out the other end! We've had just 2 accidents since Saturday - isn't that incredible?

Housetraining is helped by the fact that Cailean is on diuretics for his heart condition, so Cailean has lots of wees in the garden and of course Bradley has to mark over the top of each one!

Bradley found one of Cailean's chew bones this morning. He was guarding it and then let out a series of growls when Cailean wandered in. So I quickly removed the offending chew, just as Bradley was about to tell me off. I praised him for letting me take it.

He was very playful first thing, like he was yesterday. I saw him jumping over Cailean! Most of the time he is so calm though - I'm sure it's just a hangover from his previous lifestyle, where he would've been in trouble if he'd caused 'trouble'. He spends a lot of time laying on the floor, wide awake, looking so mournful. I know they all look mournful, but I suspect it's more than that.

I don't want anyone thinking getting an ex-puppy farm rescue is a picnic. We are incredibly fortunate that Bradley seems so well-balanced and it appears he may have come from one of the 'less bad' puppy farms, if there is such a thing.

However, many ex puppy farm rescues are so traumatised. "Only" a retriever x had been hit over the head with a shovel by the farmer and the scars bore witness to this. How can she ever trust again? She is at Many Tears, looking for a foster family to help gain her confidence.

Better stop not before I get on my soapbox properly!

Post Thanks / Like

I am so happy they are getting on - what a great new life.. makes me smile just thinking about Bradley being rescued.

Post Thanks / Like

{{{{{{{{Fran}}}}}}}}

So glad he's settling in well I thought he would, he's so full of love and affection.

I think some of the lying down looking mournful could also be due to his age and muscle weakness in his back legs too. Maxx spends an awful lot of time like that in this weather only to come alive at bedtime when it's cooler & I want to sleep

Re the growling: We had the same problem with Holly and could only let them have chewies when we were there in the same room to supervise closely. Charlie will sometimes have a go at Maxx when he wants something and Rhys had to break up a 'fight' on Monday - for fight read Charlie on top of Maxx snapping and biting his face, neck and ears & Maxx trying to get him off Honestly, i wish he would fight back as then Charlie would probably stop from shock

Glad he's still not having accidents in the house, he's such a little darling, he really is. It's so amazing how they bounce back from the horrors of their previous lives

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh Fran you are doing SO well, it sounds like Bradley is settling in beautifully.

I'm really thrilled they've taken to each other so well - are'nt our Cavaliers so special and adaptable
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

What a love!!! He knows he's gorgeous, doesn't he?!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Keep up the good work Fran,

You are doing just fab! lovely to hear all about them both.

love Alison x
    Wilts, U.K.