• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What constitutes a "blenheim spot"?

RockNRollCav

Corgan has a nice big, round spot, just barely below the base of his skull on his neck. Is this a blenheim spot, or just a lovely mark? I'm just curious :)

Corgan has a GORGEOUS face! I can't wait to see more pics as he grows up and fills out and gets all his adult feathering and coat.

Here's Chester's Blenheim spot when he was around 8 months old (and the big mess of shredded paper that he made that day!):
20050221-02.jpg

LOL and didn't he have fun doing it? :lol: He just wanted to give you something to do as he knows how bored you get ;) :lol:

Heh, Jaspar loves shredding too (though he doesn't have a blenheim spot to display while doing it). he was about a year old here and had found a roll of toilet paper.

1112081_95a823b245.jpg

No, I believe it has to be an island of a spot surrounded by white, not a peninsula-lol. It is really a small thing - I would never keep a dog(for breeding or showing)because it had the spot, or not keep a dog because it didn't have it. Sandy

WoodHaven said:
No, I believe it has to be an island of a spot surrounded by white, not a peninsula-lol. It is really a small thing - I would never keep a dog because it had the spot, or not keep a dog because it didn't have it. Sandy

:rotfl: Oh to have an island and not just a peninsula!!

Well, I think Jasper is cute, even if he isnt quite "centered". ;)

:lol: It is more a blodge that at one time had white almost all the way around but as the colours tend to spread it has long since been absorbed!! :lol: He definitely doesn't have a spot. It is just a cosmetic element that is 'preferred' in a show dog, but I understand coat marking unless way off or a clear fault due to mismarking is about the least important element when judging a cavalier -- though is kind of the frosting on the cake if really nice. :) Both Leo and Jaspar have what Sheila Smith in her classic breed history book calls the 'lucky elbow' where the coat comes down over one 'elbow' of one front leg so I guess that makes up for lack of a blenheim spot. :lol:

GudrunTheRed said:
Here's Chester's Blenheim spot when he was around 8 months old (and the big mess of shredded paper that he made that day!):
20050221-02.jpg
:lol: Oh my, looks like Chester had quite a day! :lol: :lol:

Don't worry, I love Corgan regardless of the spot or not...I agree...I would never keep a dog or not keep a dog based on his/her coloring. I was just curious if we had "accidentally" ended up with the spot! :lol:

Good lord Karlin...how did Jaspar get a whole roll of TP??? Chester loved to shred as a pup but doesn't really do it much now that he's all grown up. But I still leave the recycling bin open here in my office so when he gets the urge he can pull papers out and have a ball! It's a bit of pain to clean up, but seeing him do it is worth all the cleanup because he's just so darn cute!

Oh yes, my two love to get their heads in the recycling bin and decorate the garden with their finds :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chester looks so much like my Charlie!!!!! Goodness!!! Of course Charlie would NEVER shred toilet paper like that. icon_whistling :roll: :lol:

Here's a picture of Charlie's spot.

charliespot-6-2006.jpg

Back