• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Update on Darby

Linda

It has been a while since I gave an update on my little darling.

He is 17 weeks old today, and is still as spunky as ever.
Although the sun seems to be tiring him out lately. 8) 8) 8) 8)

He went to the Vet last Friday and had a wonderful wonderful exam, he is doing great he weighed in at 8.5 lbs seems to be a steady increase in weight averaging 2 lbs every month. As his last visit he weighed 6.5 lbs . :D :D :D :D :D

Funny thing during our visit the Vet asked me if I had requested that Darby receive his Rabies Shot along with his Parvovirus as she does not believe in giving these shots together. I was shocked as I did not request that I have full intentions of getting him his rabies shots at 6 months. (y)

The receptionist automatically thought that I wanted this, I am so happy that my Vet picks up on these things and she also gives the needles in the middle of the back. cl*p

During our visit another dog was in as another Vet had given him his rabies shot on his shoulder and the poor thing had been limping ever since. :cry*ing:

I will definetely be making sure that I always book my appointments around the Vet we seen on our last too visits. She breeds Great Dames, and was expecting a litter any day so Darby is a peanut to her, I did ask about changing him to Adult food
she said to wait until he was 6 months old.

Over all I am very pleased, he is growing at a nice pace and she is very happy with his progress.

Here is one picture the rest I will post in the puppy gallery.
Darby117wks.jpg

This kind of gives you a good look at how he is growing, he sprints when he runs it is so adorable. :lotsaluv:

Dudley and him seem to enjoy each other more in the evening when it is a bit cooler. :hug:
Dudley's eating habits have gotten a bit better since Darby arrived on the scene. (y)
He is still not 100% potty trained, having about 2 to 3 accidents a week.

[/i]

linda, you read my mind. I have been wondering how darby and dudley were doing. what a good vet you have!
cute photo! what a sweet little guy!

Great to see a pic of Darby again! :)

and she also gives the needles in the middle of the back.

Why not the thigh? Again as a caution in case of syrinxes. The back could be very painful. Leo went nuts when my vet injected him there for his last shot when I reminded him not to do it in his neck and before I could say 'his thigh'. :yikes I will never again allow any needle anywhere near his back. :(

Great news Linda - Karlin I didn't think about the neck and needle issues, the vet always does my lot on the back of the neck, Busta and Ozzy never screamed but Woody did for his booster I will see what Julian says next time - Woody is also the only one that bleeds with the needle also... my poor little baby..

karlin said:
Great to see a pic of Darby again! :)

and she also gives the needles in the middle of the back.

Why not the thigh? Again as a caution in case of syrinxes. The back could be very painful. Leo went nuts when my vet injected him there for his last shot when I reminded him not to do it in his neck and before I could say 'his thigh'. :yikes I will never again allow any needle anywhere near his back. :(

Thanks for the reminder Karlin, here I am thinking it is great she is not doing it in the shoulder.

When he goes for his rabies shot I will ask why not the thigh.

You are a book of knowledge. :thnx:

Back