• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I thought I had finally finally cured him

Linda

I am talking about my darling husband, I was under the impression that
I finally got through to him about buying and sneaking the boys those
junky garbage treats. :bang:

Today one of my sons found some beef pepporoni sticks in all places the bathroom cupboard hidden behind the toilet rolls. :yikes :yikes :yikes

He also had some in his undies drawer and armour, now what do you
all think I should do to him. Do I pretend I know nothing as I already tossed them all in the garbage or talk to the wall once again.

What would you all do, I hate those treats I have no problem at all with him giving them treats but why not fruit or veggies or just plain Healthy Treats not that junk. :bang:

This is what he did with Dudley and looks like the pattern is starting up again with Darby and I thought he was cured no wonder the boys had soft poop the last couple of days. If I would of found them first I would of left the patio a mess for him to clean but I had already washed it all down like I usually do daily. h*lp h*lp icon_devil

He is a very handy man even got my A/C working in my Van and his Car
but when it comes to the four legged boys he needs help.

Okay Donna, maybe I will send him over and you can sort him out. :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p:

Don't you even think about it lady
fighting0002.gif
I have the same problem here with my darling hubby. I go out and buy healthy organic, holistic dog food and treats and he comes home with junk filled garbage for them
confused0020.gif

MEN!!!!

What can you do with them????

I think you should post his e-mail address and we'll all fill his inbox with JUNK mail :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

:drivecar: forum friends to the rescue :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't believe that he's resorting to hiding them - in his undies of all places :yikes :yikes

Hmmm leaving the messy poops sounds the best idea...maybe one in his undies draw??? :yuk: :oops: icon_whistling you didn't know I was THAT evil did you???

I can't believe he has hiding places for pepperoni sticks!! :shock: :lol: Well it could be worse things I suppose... 8)

OMG that is so funny. I suppose you could replace the bad treats you confiscate with good treats...maybe he will get the idea :D :D

Nicki said:
..Hmmm leaving the messy poops sounds the best idea...maybe one in his undies draw???

:lol:

I think the problem might be that he doesn't know or believe how very bad for dogs these are, the salt, the chemicals, the trans fats, and who knows what else. Maybe if the vet talked to him, it would be more effective. After all, people eat this stuff, and the government approves it as edible, so it seems understandable that a lot of people think it's ok. but i think most medical people do not agree. If your vet thinks these will undermine the dogs' health in the long run, not to mention ruining their appetite and taste buds for healthy food that their bodies need, have him come in and see the vet with you and bring the subject up. He feeds them this stuff out of love, he wants to make them happy. If only he would believe how sad it will be as their health declines from poor nutrition, his loving nature would kick in and he would do the right thing.

if he has the talk with the vet, it will probably be best if your vet is male....

U kno most of us aren't that bad...i kno all bout healthy treats and food (except putting King on Beneful, bad move on me) so not all men are the same...But I can see where u ladies are coming from...most of us guys would b like if he/she likes it give it to them...not paying attention to the ingredients....But u kno wat u could do SEARCH him everytime he comes home... :lol: :lol:

My hubby has a heart of gold, and he really really loves both these little guys to death. :lotsaluv: :l*v: :lotsaluv:

I bombarded him the minute he came in the door, he had no clue what I was talking about he actually did not know what I was talking about. :shock: :shock:

Anyway he swore that they had been their for a long long time.
I know he is naughty but I tend to believe him as when he goes to Costco he always picks up the dried chicken breasts for them and I bought some
treats a few weeks ago and he reminded me that he was checking the fat content. (y) (y)

So maybe he is cured afterall and I am loosing me mind. :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

Allison it's these kids, help help help. :bang: :bang:
Just as well I am going on my holidays for a week, but they are all coming with me. h*lp
Judy our Vet is female, and I actually did have her speak to him before about this and it worked. :thnx:

Judy he really does have a very very loving nature more for the dogs than me,. :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p: :hug:
We only buy the best/healthiest kibble for them along with Monica Segals food which is excellent.

I just need to stock up on some treats, but in the meantime I will search him when he comes through the door.
If only I can get near him, Dudley and Darby wait for him ever night and smother him in kisses and then they go for a walk.

He's Italian, you know they like to eat.
Nicki you are a very very naughty lass wait till he reads this post.

Donna, I am so sad.
Did I mention he is very very handy. Will that help change your mind. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Frank was terrible last year for sneaking Dudley food from the table he always felt sorry for him. He would give him brocolli or peas which was fine but he never got any peace to eat his own dinner so he has stopped
this I told him that we are the alpha's not the dogs.

He now gets peace to eat his dinner and we always cook a little extra veggies to give to the boys.

:) :) :) :) :)

Maxxs_Mummy said:
Don't you even think about it lady
fighting0002.gif
I have the same problem here with my darling hubby. I go out and buy healthy organic, holistic dog food and treats and he comes home with junk filled garbage for them
confused0020.gif
Wow, where did you get these emoticons?

Cathy,

www.planetsmilies.com - amazing smilies on there
happy0120.gif

Linda,

Nope, still not accepting your offer. I have three of my own big hulking males and two boy dogs. I have spent my whole life around males and am having NO MORE!!!! - Well, not unless they have four legs and a waggy tail
winking0004.gif

Maxxs_Mummy said:
Cathy,

www.planetsmilies.com - amazing smilies on there
happy0120.gif

Linda,

Nope, still not accepting your offer. I have three of my own big hulking males and two boy dogs. I have spent my whole life around males and am having NO MORE!!!! - Well, not unless they have four legs and a waggy tail
winking0004.gif

I could give him another two legs and a tail. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Then will you think about it honey bunny please.
icon_whistling icon_whistling icon_whistling icon_whistling icon_whistling

COME ON DONNA, I AM OUT NUMBERED HERE BY ONE.
Four 2 legged human Males and 2 Darling 4 Legged Luvs

:yikes :yikes :yikes

How come I can't get the colors to work.

You are just as swift as a bunny aren't you.

Oh Linda,

I think we're going to have to make a switch. You can come to my house and bring the boys and I'll send avi to yours to live with your hb. How does that sound?

I have been working late all week and wed. night avi was making a bday cake (chocolate) for a friend. I was talking to him on the phone and he started laughing and I said what?? and he's like "oh Kosmo is just eating the shavings of the cake that are on the ground." :yikes :yikes This cake is CHOCOLATE! He's like "oh a little bite won't hurt" and I kept trying to tell him Kosmo is small... GRR.. at least that's the first time (and apparently the last) time we'll ever bake a cake!!

So then Wed night when I got home i took kos for a walk and he went #2 and I seen some Corn in his poo. I told avi to watch it and don't give him too much corn as it could make him sick.. so tonight I get home and walk him and he's got the runs!! (the corny runs!) I'm going to KILL HIM! :bang:

Oh and to top it off Kosmo is mad at me for working late and he's more partial to daddy now. No more working late for me! :swear:

arasara said:
...and he's like "oh Kosmo is just eating the shavings of the cake that are on the ground." :yikes :yikes This cake is CHOCOLATE! He's like "oh a little bite won't hurt"...So then Wed night when I got home i took kos for a walk and he went #2 and I seen some Corn in his poo....Oh and to top it off Kosmo is mad at me for working late and he's more partial to daddy now. No more working late for me! :swear:

that does sound frustrating. at least he likes to cook. that should help when you have to work late? icon_whistling what i wouldn't give to have a man who would have dinner made when i got home from work...i wish you could train a dog to do that...

Gmorning Judy,

A man that likes to cook?! He had a friend who really helps him out a lot who had a birthday and so I was going to bake him a cake. I ended up having to stay late so he had to make the cake. (I did decorate it though!) But not to worry, when I got home he had eaten his dinner and not left anything but his dirty dishes all over for me. (typical male.)

arasara said:
Gmorning Judy,

A man that likes to cook?! He had a friend who really helps him out a lot who had a birthday and so I was going to bake him a cake. I ended up having to stay late so he had to make the cake. (I did decorate it though!) But not to worry, when I got home he had eaten his dinner and not left anything but his dirty dishes all over for me. (typical male.)

:sl*p: oh well, back to the drawing board.
actually, i think it's the luck of the draw. I know lots of men who love to cook and are proud of their cooking. but as implied by your comment, generally men are not enculturated to do 'domestic' work like cooking and cleaning. There is a message in the socialization process to them that they are entitled to have others do this for them, while they are expected to go out and bring home a paycheck. but individual men and women vary in how much this arrangement suits them, and i know some men who are happy to cook. In fact, my daughter's boyfriend Joe is like that. His mom loves to cook and he learned from her influence probably. It's fun for him, not for my daughter, who takes after me. he's also the main one who tidies up. that's what i want! :D i am happy to bring home a paycheck. Of course in our era, both genders are often out earning the paycheck, but in most homes i have the impression it still falls on the woman to cook and clean, as well. Like, if you watch commercials on TV, cooking stuff and cleaning stuff is marketed to women, while yard work stuff and car stuff and similar are marketed to me, the actors they have in commercials trying out and being thrilled with the products fall along gender lines. I take that as an indication that research has been done and these gender differences are what are consistently found.

my daughter's boyfriend also works, he's apprentancing to be an accountant and taking accountaint licensing exams. He also plays piano beautifully. :) this is what i would be happy to find....

Back