• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

two weeks after Rudy's surgery

Pam Smith

We had a vet check today and had the last group of staples taken out of Rudy's patella surgery. I had gotten concerned last night because he was not walking as well on his leg as he had been earlier. The vet explained that they can get a little sore when they have been bearing more weight in the beginning. She checked him out and said everything looks great and she is more than impressed with his progress. :D I am being a good girl and keeping him in the crate. I have actually put the crate on a wooden platform with wheels. :drivecar: I move Rudy from room to room as I go about my day. He even is rolled out on the deck when we eat out there. As long as he has company he is content in the crate. He got the collar off today but doesn't seem to act any different, the collar bothered us more than it did him. :lol: :lol: :lol: He has been such a good sport that it has made all of this so much easier. I will continue to update, thanks for all the interest, you guys are great! :flwr:

Glad to hear things are going well for Rudy. He may just like his home on wheels :) . Hoping recovery goes speedily and continues to be problem free.

What a great report! That's such good news to hear and you must be so relieved after all your apprehensions before the surgery. And you HAVE to take a picture of Rudy in the Rudymobile and post it!! :snap:

Thanks for the update on Rudy. I have been thinking about him & you and how you were doing. I too would like to see a pic of Rudy on wheels. What a great idea.

That great Pam. I'm delighted he's doing so well. I felt much better when they took Daisy Boo's stitches out as well - it doesn't look as sore then. You're two weeks in now so not too long more to go.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy well done Rudy. Pam, love the idea of the crate on wheels, it makes him feel more part of the proceedings :D

Photo's please xxx

nice job pam, taking such good care of him. i'm glad you're finding the crate thing not to be the problem you feared. i had a similar experience when zack had the collar after being neutered, not only did it not bother him, he actually seemed to enjoy it, getting happy when i picked it up in my hands to put it on him and putting his head into it, then prancing around with it on. recently he got pyoderma and at a certain healing stage, he was licking the lesions really hard and the vet said to use that collar again, and he again acted very gung ho about having it put on him. when i first saw him in it after he was neutered, i thought it looked like some kind of medieval torture device--as with you, it bothered me but not him. when it was on, he seemed oblivious to it, to the point of accidentally crashing it into doorways and things, and then keeping right on going as if nothing happened. what a sport.

may rudy soon be running free again. I'm glad you got to talk to your vet and be reassured that what you were seeing was normal--i can imagine how worrisome it was to think he was going backwards, until you talked to the vet.

awaiting photos. :flwr:

Back