• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A new Cav in the family - sort of

TraMar

My pastor and his wife went today and adopted a Cavalier female from a rescue group. They want me to come over and meet her and check her out for them. I can't wait to meet her!! I'm going over tomorrow. :)

She's a puppy mill rescue and is 6 years old. I told my pastor's wife to make sure to find out if they checked the heart well (they did) and she's checking out okay. Either way, they said she just came right up to them. Poor thing had lived her whole life in a cage!! :x

I'll try to post pictures of her tomorrow. Can you believe she's NEVER had a name?!!!! I'm not sure what they're going to name her yet. Poor thing just needs a good family to love her.

And it sounds like the poor thing has found a family that will love her and take care of her. Let us know more after your visit.

I just love to hear these happy ending stories for those special rescue pups. I hope she has long life of love and happiness now. I hope you will get some pics of her to share.

Wonderful news, I love to hear when dogs have been safing! :flwr: I look forward to hear the name and see pictures!

TraMar said:
Can you believe she's NEVER had a name?!!!!

Yes I can, I only wish that more people were aware of puppy farms and the evil people who run them.

She will soon learn her new name and that her new Mamma and Daddy are good kind people who want to love her and not hurt her.

She will probably be very wary of everything new for quite a while but once she feels a breeze on her face and smells flowers in the garden she will know she's now 'alive'.

A few of us on here have had experiences with rescues so post any questions they might have and we will try and answer them as honestly as we can. there's probably nothing that one of us hasn't come across before now :roll: :lol:

I just wish them a long, happy & healthy future together - I know it will be filled with love :lotsaluv:

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I've been a rescue volunteer and fostered mill rescued Golden Retrievers, so I'm very familiar with puppy mill dogs and rescues (thus why they called me before they went and want me to come see the dog ;) ); it just blows my mind why some people are so mean to dogs.

I breed Shih Tzus myself; and I have friends who are large commercial breeders (which are NOT puppy mills); these friends dogs are not caged nor treated cruelly, they all have names, loved, played with, vet checked, well fed, etc....... There's a big difference between a well run commercial breeder and a puppy mill. But for someone to keep a dog their whole life in a little cage, without proper care, socialization and a NAME - well that's just sick and cruel.

So glad this little girl has found a wonderful place to live out the rest of her life. Kudos to your pastor and his wife for adopting her!

I love Shih Tzu's TraMar, they are really cite and have lovely personalities too :D Have you got any Cavaliers as well?

Here's a photo of Penny (as they are now calling her). She's soooo sweet! A true loving Cavalier personality. :)

penny.jpg

Back