• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Speechless!

misty

Popped into hubby's work this morning, where one of the guys tactfully (not!) asked why we'd bought a "disabled dog"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:x

He's referring to Bradley, our ex puppy farm stud boy.

This guy went on to ask why I hadn't bought a 'nice puppy'.

I explained to him that Bradley NEEDED a home and we wanted to provide it.

He is a dog-hater btw, but I think what he said was tongue in cheek.

Arghhh! Oh well, he'll never know the rewards of loving a dog, and a dog loving him in return.

Grrr! It drives me nuts when people automatically assume that you are wrong, stupid, etc for reasons they don't even understand!!

So sorry you had to be subject to such ignorance, I wish people would think sometimes before they open their traps.

Lucky for him he worked with your husband. :bang:

Unbelievable. Some people have no idea. It really bugs me too when people automatically ask "how much will that cost" when you mention anything the dog needs - vets, groomers etc.

{{{{{{{{Fran}}}}}}}}

What he gives out he will get back ten fold ;)

I have aquaintances who can't understand how I can spend so much money on medication for Charlie when he is 'only a rescue' :roll: . It's as though because of thier underserved past, they don't deserve a future :(

Well, Bradley will give you, Simon and Jennifer far more pleasure than that guy could ever even dream of having in his sad, pathetic life. So, just try to ignore his ignorance and feel a little pity for him.

My two monsters send BwadlEe and K-Lun lots of licky kisses
love0028.gif

Wonder if he is so inhuman that he would have the ignorance to say the
same thing about all the underpriveleged children in our world too.

Some folk just don't get that our four legged kids are just as equal as our two legged kids.

Don't let him bother you, you are wonderful as all the others who are able to take in rescues. I hope to one day do the same, when I retire.

Linda said:
Some folk just don't get that our four legged kids are just as equal as our two legged kids.

Not in this house - my two are far more equal than their human brothers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep, our fur-babies are just like kids....

only difference is they don't live very long, so we have to pack a lifetime's love into the few precious years we have with them.

:l*v: :l*v: :l*v:

oh no, I'm going daft and emotional again :)

Sometimes the people are so angry and bitter with life and themselves that the only way they can make themselves feel better is to hurt someone else. Sounds like this gentleman may have that problem. Bradley is perfect...no less perfect than any million dollar dog that you would purchase and you are extra special too for giving him a home.

Mary said:
Sometimes the people are so angry and bitter with life and themselves that the only way they can make themselves feel better is to hurt someone else. Sounds like this gentleman may have that problem. Bradley is perfect...no less perfect than any million dollar dog that you would purchase and you are extra special too for giving him a home.

Ty :)

Bradley is my 5th Cavalier and each are so special and so different. I love each of them as individuals.

I have to say though that Bradley is the most loving dog - without exception - that I have ever, ever met.

He has so much love to give. He is always on someone's lap. A couple of nights ago he fell asleep wrapped round my neck.

That doesn't mean I love him any more than any of the others - but he has so much to give.

He's very spirited actually and loves to have a grumble at the next door neighbours. He also loves growling at the birds.... of course he's never seen birds before, poor little man. So he's loving, but with attitude!

It's funny how people who don't get what it's like to have a dog as part of your family.
A colleague of mine came out to the house recently and he's still giving me stick over my relationship with Zola. When he sees me now he says "who's my baby?", mimicing what he saw me doing with Zola. I think it was completely at odds with his image of me up until that point. The thing is, I don't mind. She IS my baby! (The funny thing is, he was so chuffed when she "accepted" him and was looking for him to rub her belly)

What a mean and horrid thing thing to say- your little baby is just the most precious thing but you don't need any one to tell you that :flwr:

Shame on his ignorance, people like him are :yuk:

People who don't own pets have no clue what its like. They irritate me to no end. My human children and my feline, canine children are all my babies. My husband and myself are their mommy and daddy. I spend money on my four legged babies just like I do for my two legged babies. My EX husband said to me once that it was either the cat or him, notice the EX before husband.

Thankfully I only met a couple of twats like that, every one who knows me knows what I am like with animals and never question me over my commitment to them. They just think I’m mad like my great Uncle.

When my yorkie developed diabetes I had a couple of my brothers friends say to me ‘why bother’ when I told them I had to inject her every day. When I took SianE on and people found out that I had two diabetic dogs they say ‘wow that’s unlucky to have two go down with it’.

They then go a bit red when I pointed out that I had took SianE on because she had it.

SianE in not disable in my eyes, I just have to stick a couple of needles in her everyday. They only take a few seconds and after three years of total love every day from her I know I got a great deal the day I took her on.

So when I met people like that (not often thank god) I just look at them with pity, cause they never know true unconditional love and I’m the lucky one cause I get shown it everyday.

Davy said:
So when I met people like that (not often thank god) I just look at them with pity, cause they never know true unconditional love and I’m the lucky one cause I get shown it everyday.

How very true :flwr:

It annoys me when people ridicule dogs because they may have a medical condition. Would they also ridicule a human for the same condition? I am registered disabled and just let anyone dare ridicule me ;) :lol:

It's funny how there's a certain crowd that will belittle breed rescue dogs for their breed shortcomings as if they are analysing a show dog or somehow YOU bred the dog irresponsibly -- and oddly enough often such people are actually involved closely with the breed and donate to breed rescue but only at a long distance and I think, to be seen as being worthy!

I cannot tell you how many times I have seen the breed rescue attitude from individuals in more official quarters be that, REAL rescue was when you could help dog A, bred by wonderful breeder B but due to sad cisrcumstances, in need of a new home, find that home with person C, nice well off individual from right side of town who can stay home all day and care for Dog A and her 4 other papmered cavaliers. :x They are disgusted that they now have to consider people beyond their personal contacts lists and have to home icky puppy mill or backyard bred dogs of no visual merit, as far as they are concerned. Eevn worse if they are dogs with special needs! But just watch them swing into action for one, poster-dog cavalier that has something dramatically wrong that can be surgically corrected at a cost that would help save dozens of other dogs, all the surplus ones that are so inconvenient.

Thanks goodness for all the people for whom the correct nose doesn't matter and especially those who have found that special needs dogs are rarely a huge challenge and almost always hugely rewarding. I have learned that medicval issues are almost always dealt with in stride by the dog and they need MINOR help from us -- mostly just a willingness to give them a chance because a lot of people won;t even consider them.

Every rescue cavalier I have rehomed to others has had the cavalier personality, the most important element, though many have been very wrong under the breed standard guidelines. It is sad that people breed indiscriminately without regard for the integrity or health of the breed but that doesn't mean each dog isn't individually as valuable as the most prized show dog.

Hooray for rescue dogs and the people who care for them! Whether through owning one or supporting those who try to rescue and look after them. :*nana:

Fran,

I bet he was an ugly bloke??????? :yuk: next time tell him so, ugly inside and out. icon_whistling

Tell him to go get a life...or give me his number ... LOL.

Ask Bradley to wee up his leg for us!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Back