• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Another visit to the vet

Claire

I took the boys out for a run yesterday - got back home, and gave them all a good brush to get the fuzz balls, etc. out - we must have missed one as about 15 minutes later Ozzy started to yelp and shake his head. I tried to see but nothing there, tried some ear lotion just in his ears to see if he could shake it out - but no he was'nt a happy bunny. Ended up calling the emergency number and gettiing to the vets at 9.30.

He had a grass seed in his left ear - I had to hold his leg while the vet sedated him and then leave him there - with the promise from the vet that he would call..... 30 minutes later he called to say all went well, seed was out, but there was inflamation/a little bleed to the ear drum, but it should be okay, but they wanted to keep him in..... :? (he has never been on his own before over night) - I had to collect him this morning - nurse said he was very shy and would not eat, wee or poo - he was so happy to see me and when he got to work with me wee'd for england, and then poo and then ate his breakfast..... this insurance company is going to think I am abusing my lot as I have the MRI claim going through, then have to claim for Busta and now this £222.14...... :yikes :yikes

Awwh poor little Ozzy. Glad things are all better. Always something isn't it just like with 2 legged kids.

Poor Ozzy, I hope he feels better. I know what you mean with the insurance. God only knows how much Daisy Boo's surgery cost and Twinkle's eye problem cost quite a bit as well. I don't know how they make money out of it icon_whistling

Claire,

Thank heavens he is OK. Stuff what the insurance thinks. Two years ago, my neighbour lost his beautiful long coated GSD because of a grass seed in his ear. They were on hols, took Jack to see a Vet there who couldn't find anything. Jack got worse over the next few days so they came home and took him to our usual Vets who found it immediately but it was too late and poor Jack died of septicaemia :cry*ing:

Get well soon, Ozzy darling xxxxx

Thankfully you found this before it became a big problem. We have the problem here with foxtails, nasty little things burrow their way into the skin and cause huge problems! Hope you feel better soon Ozzy!

What a scary experience! It sure makes me think twice about taking the dogs through all the overgrown grass too. Glad he is doing OK.

Claire said:
...nurse said he was very shy and would not eat, wee or poo - he was so happy to see me and when he got to work with me wee'd for england, and then poo and then ate his breakfast.....

:lol: i think zack wouldn't be shy if he had to stay away from home, he thinks everybody is his close friend, but i know he would not like having to stay in a cage without any one on one interaction which is how i imagine it at a vet office.

sounds like you have good insurance. I worry that mine would cancel me if i make too many claims. That's a good question about how they make money. I've had it for my cat for many years, $20 a month without ever making a claim, but even if i paid $20 a month for 10 years, that would only be $2400, and that amount of profit could be wiped out with one claim involving surgery, or cancer treatment. so i don't know how they do it, and am afraid mine will cancel me if i make too many claims.

hugs to ozzie, glad he's home where he belongs. I never heard of a grass seed in the ear before. scary--how can you avoid it?

Thanks for all your best wisheds- he is great now, acting like nothing happened now - I did keep him on the lead over the weekend and this morning cos it is just too long, the other two seem to keep to the pathway but he just jumps all over the place..... :flwr:

Back