Thread: SORTED: foster(s) needed, Dublin region, two cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default SORTED: foster(s) needed, Dublin region, two cavaliers

I may need one or two fosters sometime next week. Both dogs are male, unneutered; both would probably need about a week to 10 days, maybe less. They are both fine with other dogs. One is the tri listed already, another is Barney, a blenheim coming up from Kilkenny. Both are adults. This is more a standby situation as I may have places for them to go but maybe not. If anyone can take one of these lads for short term foster let me know. They may go in for a neuter at the start of the time of foster and hence would need to be watched to make sure they don;t get into anything but the upside is they should be pretty low key after their snips.

Karlin
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Blenheim is sorted; working on the tri.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Another appeal for the tri boy. Before this fellow is homed, I would like to have someone foster him even if only for a few days, to get a sense of his personality. His owners are moving on Friday so that is his last day he can stay with them.

This is his thread:

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/v...=2615&start=15

I have a possibility that I am working on but if that falls through, he will need foster over the bank holiday weekend; I should have him in his new home after that. If anyone could help out and be on my 'reserve list' for fostering, PM me.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Karlin, I wish we lived in Dublin.

We are so envious of your doggie walkies for all the Cavi's and would love to help with fostering.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep me too. I'd love to take that gorgeous Tri boy in. If it was for fostering, hubs would agree - I just know he would. But adoption he'd say no I'm sure that if he was being fostered and settled then hubs would say yes though.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I should clarify that I know a couple of people have casually mentioned they might foster this fellow -- I need to talk to anyone who is still considering this. Please note this is for a foster, not for homing -- I work through my homing list to home dogs -- and do welcome new applicaitons however -- hence the post in the general section asking those in Ireland who have expressed interest in Irish dogs, to fill out an application so I know you are serious.

See: http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2835

Foster applications go through a process of consideration to match dogs and potential homes and homes need to be homechecked, etc.

there's more on fostering and downloadable homing forms -- and on how to look for puppies in Ireland -- here:

http://rescue.cavaliertalk.com
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The owners have found new accommodation that will allow them to keep this fellow so he is staying with them.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

Yippee!!! Good for this family and the little pup!
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This is the older man (5 years) but a nice ending! Meanwhile the blenheim, who IS a young fellow -- I'd guess about 6-8 months probably -- is in a home that has been waiting some time for a second cavalier.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

So pleased for both of them, Karlin. I just hope they put that gorgeous Tri boy on a diet Maybe you could offer them some tips from Karlin's retreat and spa????