• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Doggese, anyone?

C

Cockerspaniel

Doggese is the language one uses with one's dog. It's like baby-talk.

Anyone admit to speaking doggese? Anyone care to post examples of your doggese?!

Sure - I make up plays on my dogs' names all the time. Pippin is his real name, but I often call him Pipperoni, Pippster, Pippy, Mr. Pippin, Precious. Merry is Miss Merry, Merry Merry Quite Contrary, Miss Squiggles (if you call her, she is just so happy to come to you, she can't walk in a straight line, her whole back end squiggles from side to side as she walks towards you), Squigs. Luke is Lucky, Lucky Luke, Lukee, Little Luke, circus dog.

If I want to sit down and a dog is in the way, instead of just asking them to move, I'll say "Move over Beethoven".

When I greet the dogs when I get home, I often say hello Doggeroons, Munchkins or Pupperonis.

I'm guilty!!! I've also got a bunch of nicknames for Pixie...PixieBear, GooberBunny, Missy Potatoes, Missy PotatoSkins. Although, since we've started using seameal, the gooberbunny name isn't quite as appropriate. :rotfl: Oh, yes...and Butt-butt Girl....

We play a game called Butt-Butts. I stand, put my knees together and crouch a little, and she wiggles through while I scratch the backs of her legs, of course, saying Butt-Butt. She'll run back around and go through again...over and over and over.

We've also gotten this strange habit of putting an "s" on the end of words..."Is Pixie hungrys?" "Is Pixie sleepys? Readies for beds?" icon_whistling icon_blshing

Ironically, if I want (need) the dogs to pay attention-- I give a one or two word command (very clear and somewhat loud). If I want them to come to me for affectionate rubs or pets-- I tend to use more words, softer voice (nicknames - doggese like etc... Sandy

I luv this topic! Yes, I'm a total goof, and talk baby talk to my "puppers" quite often.

We go for walkies, we eat brekkies, we do tummy rubbies.

Geordie is The Geord, The Geordmeister, Geord, Geordith, Geordie boy and Geordie Lad.

India is Indy, India ink spot, Punkin, Munchkin, Sweetiegirl.

Chocholate is Chox, Choxie, Chockies, Chock.

I am mummy, and my hubby is daddy.

:shock: I'm a real nut case when it comes to these cavvies! :rotfl:

LOL I think I Have to say I take this whole language to a whole new level. We also go to beddy, potty, poopy, HMM anything we do ends in a y sound and is in a nice little excited sweet voice. BONIE, walkie and a high pitched cookie are some of his favorite things.

This is kinda embarassing but sometimes I even will sing to him! icon_whistling Usually when I am laying down loving on him or something.

Favorite names for him - Kozzy - Wozzie, now GHK (grass hopper killer), Woz, Koz, Kramer, And I have no idea why this one popped out of my mouth but I call him honeyboy ALL THE TIME. He even comes to that name.. hehe icon_whistling

Guilty as well!

We love a sing song when out walking, tails wag and the eyes are bright! I think they pick up "happy vibes" when we are happy!

I have...

Dotty Daisy May,

Rosie posy lovely,

Whits Wooey!

and there is a daddy, mummy and brother here as well for them all,

we do cards and gifts for everything, any excuse....

Yes totally and madly devoted to my girls...

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Cailean is known as Cailey, Cailey-Wailey, Cailey-Wailey Woo Woo,
Woo, Woo Woo & Woo Woo Woo. Hubby calls him Colin, as Cailean is Gaelic for Colin. I also call him gorgeous.

Cailean has a high-pitched "woo" bark when he's very happy - hence his nickname.

Bradley is The Bradster, Braddles, Bradders, Brad - no more yet, but it's only a week!

As with most people here, I add y's and s to most words. Do you want drinkies/walkies etc.

Such a relief that we're not the only ones!!!

Rupert is Roopert Poopert Puppy Dog...but now he's a veteran he's the Poopster

TedBear is my TeddyBear...or Tedster, Teddy Beddy Bear

and Jack of course is the Jackster, also known as Jack a doodle doo

We go walkies, have a little drinkies, yummies time

Play round and round the garden on their tummies...the little paws get all excited when it gets to the tickle under the arms!!

Hubby does "dive bombs" and tickles on their tummies...I can't do the sound effects!!!

Non doggy people just don't seem to understand :yikes icon_whistling it's THEIR problem not ours!!

Just waiting for Maxx's Mummy to spot this

:lol: :lol:

I don't use baby talk really, but I have a tone of voice appropriate for talking to cavaliers. 8)

I don't really do anything with their actual names but I do call them at various times: doglets, stinker, stinkies, pumpkin, silliness (for Jaspar) or sweetness. I guess I do call Leo "little Leo" a lot of the time. :lol: Friends of mine call Jaspar 'The Jasp".

This topic has me laughing out loud, :lol: I talk dogeese to my 2 a lot, Elliot is El, Ellie bellie, little muffin, manin (Irish for little man, pronounced maneen), squidey, mancub; Milly is Millymaloo, sweetiepie, Millabelle. :p

Hehe, so I'm not the onley one :lol:

Bono is Bonolius, Bonny, Monny-moo, Monny e.t.c.

Nóra is Nórulius, Nóruskinn, Nóra stora(Nóra the big, in english) :lol: e.t.c.

When I hug them I call them rúsínurassar, ástapungar, krúsínudúllurnar mínar and many, many more Icelandics huggie words.
And when I talk to them, I talk in a tone that any opera synger would be proud of.

:lol:
well, zack gets called the zackster (of course), the zackmeister, zackies, zackie, whacky zacky, zackles, and then there's the pupster, the pupmeister, Puppy Boy, Puppy Man, Pupple, Mommy's Little Pupple, Little Mister Dog, Baby Puppy, Mommy's Baby Puppy...that's all i can think of right now. :lol:

I do sing to him, last time i washed him in the bathtub with the sprayer, i sang Singin In the Rain like fred astaire the whole time, and after.

I also sing:

Do you know the puppy man, the puppy man, the puppy man,
do you know the puppy man, he lives on puppy lane.
:D

i also sing him this lullaby that was on a record album i had when my daughter was a newborn that goes

simba simba little lion
simba simba little lion
simba simba simba will
turn around turn around
then lie still

simba simba mommy's baby
simba simba mommy's baby
simba simba sleep is best
even little lions have to rest

:D

i also sing the commercial he likes on TV for frontline or advantage that goes

There aint no bugs on me,
there aint no bugs on me
there may be bugs on
some of your mugs
but there aint' no bugs on me.

i also sing John Lennon's song Beautifufl Boy

I sometimes will say "Where's Mister Ball?" :rotfl:
or "Let's put on Mister Leash."
:lol:

misty said:
Just waiting for Maxx's Mummy to spot this ;)

Why?????? I NEVER talk to my babies in a silly voice and call them silly names ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OKayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy then maybe I do :lol: Maxx is Maxxymoos or Moo or Moomoos, Charlie is CharlieWarley Woos or Woo or Woowoos.

They have bonies for treats & beddybyebyes ninites for sleep :roll:

Nicki, we also play round and round the garden - Maxx loves it :lol:

The Siamese cat who comes in our garden and hisses at us is known as the big bad puddy tat. As soon as Charlie hears this, he's off down the garden at full pelt to bark at him :lol:

They are both collectively known as Mammas ickle sweetpeases, and of course we have Mamma, Daddy and brothers etc.

Oh yeah and when it's time for bed I say wee wees ninites, big wee wees and Charlie is out the garden like lightning. I point my finger towards the garden for Maxx and he charges out there too :D

Honestly, I'm not that bad icon_whistling :lol:

We do it too - Busta is Bustadude, babbie or honeybun or bunny, Woody is Woodster or Wooda and Ozzy is Ozman, wiggly bum or short cake.....

We also have a game where we say to Woody "Is it......... " say different words and then wait to he gets really exciting before we say It is dinnertime"? He is normally jumping around the front room like a nutter by then :D

Back