Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cat Problem - Argh

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cat Problem - Argh

Help!!!

Bradley is a cat chaser, and we own 2!

Our cats our house-cats and Buzz hides upstairs in the office all day. We have to literally pull him out of his hiding place at night to feed him.

Stella is a little more plucky. She's fed up with being chased, but is more feisty, so hangs around.

Sometimes Bradley stops the chase when I call him to me, sometimes not.

I've had this problem before introducing cats and dogs, but only for a couple of days.

Any advice? It makes me sad that Buzz is going into hiding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've got lots of links and advice in the Library section on cavaliers and cats --

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=195
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe Bradley could be a naughty boy, Fran I don't have any suggestions as Maxx is scared of cats and Charlie will chase them out of the garden for him

Hope you get it sorted soon xxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Better day today - no cat chasing, but Buzz is in hiding

Stella actually rubbed herself against Bradley's chest this morning - mind you, she was hungry

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if maybe he's never seen cats before and thinks it's a great game to chase them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A Feliway plug-in in the room where Buzz is hiding would likely really de-stress him. I have been amazed at how much more relaxed my cats have been. I had one who had started going outside the litterbox regularly too. In the past 2-3 weeks since I plugged in the feliway, she has only done this once.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Do these cats have claws? If so, I suspect eventually they'll straighten the dog out. Either of our cats will run any of the dogs off if need be.

KC

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Buzz is back in view!

He's been pestering me all day and climbing all over my paperwork in the home office. He's been helping me type too

Bradley has stopped chasing, mainly through being called back to us and then rewarded. He's had one or 2 kisses with Stella-cat, but still growls occasionally.

Thanks for all advice!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JeanKC
    Do these cats have claws? If so, I suspect eventually they'll straighten the dog out. Either of our cats will run any of the dogs off if need be.

KC

Fluffy now chases Zack more than Zack chases Fluffy--and she is not playing. At least i don't think so. He doesn't chase her at all anymore because he's scared of her. If his ball goes to a place where she is sitting in the way, he will take a very long way around, climbing over all kinds of obstacles rather than go near Fluffy. But they do lay together with me on the chair, and in the morning when we greet or when i come home from work, they willl both get in my lap and Zack will lick Fluffy's ear. It's a little too rough for her to actually like it, but she tolerates it. The other day, she really surprised me by walking underneath Zack's abdomin while i was petting him sitting on the floor, rubbing her back affectionately against his chest. I later realized she was hungry, but still it was cool. But she will readily chase him and swat at him and bite at him if he makes a false move or gets too close while he's being rambunctious, even if it's not directed at her. She has arthritis and stiff legs, it's kind of interesting to watch her hobbling after him, and him completely intimidated. I think she kind of likes him though, in a way.

Animals are so interesting to watch.

Post Thanks / Like

Bradley's almost stopped the chasing now

Buzz will sit with us all in the living room at night

Now if I could stop Buzz and Bradley swearing at each other, we'd be there
    Had to clap my hands at Buzz today to stop him hissing