Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spencer had MPL surgery

Post Thanks / Like

You're such a good mom! I think this is probably harder on you than him , he's healing and feeling better each day, but the worrying and extra work has to be hard on you. I'm sure he misses sleeping with you, too. Hang in there, it will get better!

ps...I love his little spotted skin on his leg
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like

Well Spencer and Rudy should be roomates! Things seem so intense the first week but it gets easier quickly. I think as careful as you are being with Spencer I wouldn't worry about him putting too much weight on the leg. My vet assured me the dog has a sense at this point of what he can handle. It really sounds like you and your husband are a great team. My husband was terrified about touching Rudy so I had a solo experience. I still get nervous about Rudy over doing especially when he gets excited about someone at the door. He is still in the crate but gets real excited at the door bell ringing. As Spencer recovers you will be surprised at how things get back to normal and you don't mind his crate confinement.
    NOW Spencer is going to need wheels to travel so he can keep up with Rudy I will keep you updated with Rudy's progress so you will know what comes next ,although my vet tells me every dog's experience is a little different. I'll take a picture of the Rudy mobile tomorrow so Spencer can get motivated
    We can look at this experience as a very special time of bonding with our dogs. Rudy looks at me like I am his everything, now if I can get my husband and two grown sons to see me that way wouldn't life be great! I guess I'll order surgery and crate confinement for the three men in my life
    PAM SMITH
    Rudy((Blenheim Cav), Lizzie and Toby(Shih tzus)

Post Thanks / Like

Pam - glad to hear Rudy is doing so well also. It's funny how easily it becomes routine. When Shelby got her freedom she just slipped right back into it....no issues no big deal!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah