Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Showing? :)

Post Thanks / Like

I spent almost a year waiting for my first show prospect. If the breeder has a very good understanding of their lines and how they develop then they can generally guage a puppy realitively well at a young age. However, being that lines tend to develop differently - this can take some research into the ancestry of the puppy. I still send detailed photos to my mentor and we go over each pup and their strengths and weaknesses at differnt ages.
    Janet V.
    Heritage Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. It astounds me the amount of knowledge, history, time and good old fashioned common sense that goes into producing the healthiest, handsomest little cavy's possible. Everytime I see a new litter I think, wouldn't it be fabulous to have all those wriggly little babies around the house? They are pretty irresitable. Although it doesn't make it right or safe, you can see sometimes how people fall into to "cute" trap and inadvertently become backyard breeders.

I find it all very interesting and would love to learn more about the whole showing process and more detailed information about what the judging is based on. This is general interest for when we go watch strictly! Any suggestions about where to start reading?
    Finnegan (Blenheim), Rowan & Robyn

Post Thanks / Like

Blanca was bought by us as show perspective and (hope) future breeding female. She wasn't the first female that we showed with. Before we got Blanca we did quit a lot of shows with our Bernese, Aria and with my parents Shnauzer It is of course impossible to know for 100% that dog would be beautifull in the future.

Two weekes ago we went to Czech Republic, to Club show in Jesenice (200 Cavaliers and 37 King's). Pam Jarrett and Stephena Randle Goodwin was judging (both from UK). Blanca's breeder could see her (Blanca came to our home from Czech Republic) and we could see all the family of Blanca (her littermate and younger sisters)

We won in the open class and got CAC (certificate for Czech Champion)

Here are some photos

Blanca is the first one in this line.

And Blanca with the prizes

Post Thanks / Like

Yay Blanca! She is a beautiful girl!!
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......