Thread: Wonderful shampoo

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wonderful shampoo

As recommended by our very own Auntie Nicki (Rupertsmomma) I bought some Quistel shampoo for Charlie as his coat was downright awful.

It had started to get slightly better since he started his treatment from the Vet but this shampoo is really something else. It's not cheap but they did send me a free trial sized conditioner too.

Anyway, he had his first bath with this today and he looks and smells so much nicer than he has done since he arrived here His coat is lovely and glossy and silky - just as a Cavalier's coat should be.

I don't think I'll be buying any other dog shampoo again, I am sooooo impressed. I am now preparing another order for when my Vet bill is settled by the insurance company

If anyone is interested have a look at their website www.actigeneruk.co.uk - I think it's available in USA too

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So pleased it helped Donna...they also do a spray that you can put on 3 times daily which lasts a long time.

They're not cheap, but very effective, and you dilute it so it's not as bad as initial signs!!

It is brilliant shampoo - I tend to use a very simple shampoo to wash the dirt out first, then rinse and then use this, so it lathers up quickly. It leaves their coats really lovely, many show people use it now.

It's also organic...
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki

It's also organic...
    Yep *nods* we seem to be going all organic and holistic on the doggy front . I am going to get some of their Omega 3 and ear cleaning solution too as well as some shampoo and conditioner for me - I need to start saving

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Donna,
    What was Charlie's coat like before you used the shampoo?

The reason I ask is that Chocolate's coat is very thick and wavy and I cannot get it to lay down. Her coat is very long compared to my other 2 cavs. I thinned it with the Mars coat king, but it is still fluffy and wavy.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Cathy,

If I told you, you probably wouldn't believe me but his coat was completely cr@ppy

It was all dry and brittle and he had the most noxious smell (apparently due to skin problems and allergies) I could bath and dry him and within 30 mins the smell would return

Now his coat is still dry in parts but it is so much glossier and sleeker. The smell is still there but nowhere as near as strong as it was before. he's going to have another bath on the weekend - you can use this every day if you want to as it doesn't harm the skin or coat - it positively enriches it.

This shampoo is wonderful

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow, I'm glad the shampoo is working for him!
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Donna & Nicki! You've just cost me money

I never knew Cailean's coat was so silky until we got Bradley.

Poor Bradders' coat is quite coarse - much better than it was when you saw him, Donna, but not Cavalier-ish yet.

Anyway, my order's in for some shampoo and the spray - will let you know how Bradley gets on.

Post Thanks / Like

It's lovely shampoo Fran and they sent me a free 50ml conditioner too - it'll last ages as you only need the tiniest amount.

Bradleys coat was, believe it or not in much better condidtion that Charlie's when we first got him. People used to stop me in the street and ask my why he looked so scruffy and uncared for next to Maxx! I think they must have thought that it was me who'd neglected him

Together with the expensive Vet treatment and the shampoo his coat is now looking gorgeous and I've noticed taht since I bathed him with it, he's shed hardly anything at all

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Charlie's coat is just beautiful now.

He's a beauty.

We stayed at ex-hubby's house overnight - he greeted Bradley with "hello, scruffbag" this morning!

Post Thanks / Like

That could be a term of endearment though Fran hubby very often says to Maxx 'Hello scabby dog' - I do think he only says it to get a reaction from me though