• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

what people do for dog sitting

Ah but what you don't know is that I let them sit around and watch violent films on tv and eat bad things, smoke and drink alcohol whilst you're not around

Surely not the cavaliers; I always thought only the cats got up to that kind of behaviour... :c*t:

I always laugh quietly to myself when friends with lots of kids say things like, "Well, you'd have to consider whether you can manage the vet bills and other costs for another dog." I always want to say, my annual insurance and vet payments for all the dogs will cost less than what you pay for one month's childcare. :x I don't have kids, so what does an extra €170 a year in insurance matter in the scheme of things. :roll:

I just find I do some things with my non-dog owning friends, and other things with my dogs AND my friends and their dogs. :)

Charleen you arrangements sound like heaven - except I can't spend more than an hour in my mothers company without her sparking a huge row with someone in my family :roll:

I have a wonderful dog sitter though - Auntie Alison - all care comes free and I know my babies get just as many cuddles at hers as they do at home :lol:

Then just last weekend, my best friend called me and told me that she is going to pet sit to make extra income.

That's a great situation. I have a similar one for my cats, with my good friend who lives around the corner from me, who is a mature student. He likes the income and for me, it works great -- means the cats stay in my house when I'm away, and my house gets aired and checked daily by Ciaran coming by to mind them. he likes cats but doesn;t want to own one so he gets some pet time, and they all adore him. It has been a perfect set-up as I trust him in the house of course, too. And it only is a 2 minute walk for him to stop in each day.

When i go away my brother comes to stay with my 3, we went to Dorset last week for 4 days, when i came back Lady diddnt even bat an eyelid!!!

Know how you feel Brid. I had a night out with work last night. Only stayed for the meal and came straight home. Everyone in work thinks I'm mad to give up a free night drinking and dancing to come home to my baby.
Maybe I am :badgrin:
Yvonne

We take him with us most of the time. However for a long vacation...we drive 3 1/2 hours to take Brodie to my mom's. I am extremely overprotective...only she takes care of him the way that I do (except he usually comes home with an extra pound or so :sl*p:

The best scenario is to find someone that you can trade with...ie - you take their dog while they're away and vice versa! This is the best scenario but only works if you have 1 or maybe 2 pets.

Good Luck - leaving the baby is always tough!

Back