• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Will Charlie get his feathers?

Mmitc

Here are the pictures of Charlie's parents. His mom does not have a thick coat like his dad. I'm afraid Charlie may not have the nice, thick fur like his dad. But Charlie will be beautiful just the same!

Charlie's mom:
Claire.jpg

Charlie is in the picture too!

Charlies dad:
Bauer2.jpg

Little Charlie:
Charlie.jpg

What do you think Charlie will look like?

Charlie's mum is just as lovely as Charlie :lotsaluv: I think Charlie is the one on the outside left??? in the picture?

A coat is never in full bloom when having just had a litter of pups...but you can see she has feathers on her legs and long slippers on her paws...her coat will return when the pups have left...

Dad looks very nice as well... so with the combination of mum and dad I think he will be just as handsome as any little Cavalier can get :lotsaluv: a true little love bug :luv:

I just love that white coat, he is a fab little guy!

Alison, Wilts, U.k.

Yes the momma is cute too. I didn't even think about her losing some of her hair after giving birth. It makes since!

Thank you for your nice comments about Charlie. I really love him so much.

Your Charlie looks like my Elle-- Except she is as dark as he is white. Males seem to get more coat than the females-- females tend to blow their coats after each season too. Sandy

Definitely the Mom, Claire's coat got haggered due to her pregancy and birthing a litter. Did you ask the breeder how she looks when she is not pregnant?

Charlie looks quite young. A cavalier coat takes almost 2 years to totally fill in and then every cavalier is different as to how much of a coat they get.

Merry & Pippin share the same dad, but Merry's coat is not where near as full & lush as Pippin's coat. And Luke has bearly any feathering at all. I am glad for that, really, since I brush them all every day. The ones with the fuller coats need constant attention or the hair matts and you have a real problem on your hands. I keep the tangles out, but it takes diligence.

Enjoy Charlie like he is now, I am sure his coat will fill out with time.

One word of advice though. I recommend that you start getting him used to brushing now. I find that the dogs that I started as puppy's to get used to brushing are very docile as adults to the brush, when they really need brushing. I got Luke at 3 1/2 years old and he wasn't used to daily brushing and he gives me a hassle when I try to brush him. But Merry & Pippin, who I would pretend brush when they were little, just calmly lay there and allow me to work on their coats.

He's such a lovely little fella :D I agree about his Mum's coat though. It was the first thing I thought of. Poor love had probably lost most of it due to the pups sapping her nutrients!

My Charlie was 2 in March and is only just starting to get a nice coat. I agree with Charleen about the brushing though. I brushed Maxx with a very soft baby hair brush twice a day as a pup - just to get him used to being brushed. Now he runs and sits on his cushion as soon as he sees the brushes.

We've only had Charlie 7 mths and when he sees the brushes he runs the other way - I usually have to get my youngest to hold him so that I can brush him :roll:

Twinkle is 8.5 months old and her feathering is only starting. In fact, her tail only completely unfurled this week. Daisy Boo's tail unfurled at 6 months. I reckon they are all different and we just have you just have to be patient. His winter coat will probably make a big difference.

Donna, have to agree with you - Twinkle legs it when she see's the brush whereas daisy boo is a pampered princess and will just sit. I reared them both the same way so it must just be their temperament.

Joanna

I am just so in love with him! :lotsaluv: I love his colours, his face... everything! Can't I just have him? icon_whistling

Back