• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Expensive Item Stolen

My Mother passed away 2 weeks ago after an extended illness. In her list of things she wanted to give to people, she had 3 Steiff stuffed animals to be given to my grandchildren. They still had the price tags on of $110-$320. Stupid me, I'm holding one in my hand, not thinking, while talking to DH, (asking him if HE thought she was in her right mind.....that much for a small stuffed animal?) and Snuggles ran, grabbed it out of my hand, and took off running through the house. He thought I had bought him a new toy..............He was heartbroken when I had to take it away! I can hear my dear mom screaming at me from beyond
now............................. :yikes

PMSL I used to live near there and know that that Dobermann is as soppy as can be - he obviously wanted to play with the bear - what's the problem? ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is that a co-incidence, or what? If my mother had known "The King" had once had a steiff bear, she would have owned that one too. I don't even know what a Steiff animal is. Guess I'll have to research it. Thank goodness for the internet.

I saw a pic of the dobie sitting in the midst of all those teddy bears... Boy I don't think I'd ever trust a dog to guard a room of toys just waiting to be de-stuffed! That's like asking a dog to guard a pile of steaks... :lol:

You will never believe......Steiff makes a Cavalier! I was jsut online researching them, and I came across it. It sells for $71.00

sorry to her about your mom. one of the most difficult times of all. much love

I've just found this one in an auctioneers catalogue witha guide price of £600-£800!!!! Looks nothing like a Cavalier to me :roll:

lot317.jpg

There's also this one.....

031670-M.jpg

Which is available from here http://www.ashbybears.com/acatalog/Spaniel_by_Steiff_031670.html

Back