• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Stinky Socks????

RileysMom

Does anyone else have a cav that likes stinky socks? Riley just LOVES them. She digs them out of the dirty clothes basket all the time. She doesn't tear them up, just sleeps with them or holds them in her mouth - yuck! :yuk: We wake up sometimes and she has gotten 2 or 3 in the middle of the night and usually has one tucked in her mouth. :lol:

If she is restless at night when it is time for bed and she won't settle down, I just get her a dirty sock and she goes right to bed. What a goofball!!!

Here are some pics:

Pups-159.jpg

Pups-055.jpg

Pups-051.jpg

Well she sure is full of love! We had house guests last weekend and she snuck in and stole a sock from their bag. When the sock came up missing, I knew just where to find it. In Riley's mouth!!! :lol:

Yep, we have to tell houseguests not to leave their socks where Jake can get them. When I'm getting my socks and shoes on to take them for a walk Jake will take my socks and run across the room with them. Doesn't he know I need those before we can go for a walk?! :? Here's his favorite plaace to take socks. Up on the hill...guess he thinks I won't come up there and get them.

HPIM0628.jpg

HPIM0629.jpg

My little angel Annie-Belle didn't stop at socks...it was ALL your undies :lol: ...dragged out everywhere!! house, garden....anywhere, anytime!

It gives us all a lovely, funny memory of her now.

Alison, Wilts, U.k.

Bono and Nóra do that somtimes, and like you said Alison, they take all your undies. Somtimes when I take a bath I have to run around the hous with the towel around my middle, looking for my undies :lol: What does the neighburns think? :lol:

:) Barney takes socks and shoes he looks so happy running around with the shoes he dose it to get you chasing to play with him and he takes the socks off your feet and sits until you run after him but if you donot play he will hide it until later and take it to bed wiyh him when wy o/h say were is my sock all I do his look in is bed This sound like he got no toys but he has loads ;) Aileen

Awwww little angels *ng*l :lotsaluv: . Neither of mine take socks but Charlie likes shoes. He never chews them he just lies on them. He'll also pull any clothing left on furniture down and lie on that too - anyone would think they didn't have any beds :lol: - They actually have seven beds between the two of them :roll:

Alison, everytime I think of AnnieBS it's always of her with knickers in her mouth *ng*l :lol:

Mine like socks too, and run off out the garden with them. However, if you give them access to a pile of laundry, what they invariably pounce on first, are my undies. Specifically, mine. WHAT am I rearing!

That is so funny! It's good to know Riley is not the only sock stealer. And she does go for undies occasionally! :shock: I take those away as soon as I see her, but the socks I let her have for a while. It's just too cute with one hanging out of her mouth!

I LOVE the pics Cathy, that is exactly how Riley will sit with a dangling sock! Too cute!!!

Cute pics.. Fjalar and Molder have never took socks or undies but Fjalar has sometimes run away with gloves when we are playing outside in the winter :lol: He thinks it's very fun and he tease us, run away and than again to us but when he is almost arrived he deflect and keep going run around us with the glove :lol:

Mine like socks but they stalk the shower room for discarded underwear. It's absolutely disgusting :*gh:

Penny likes to eat socks. She has a history of eating socks, but she has always been very lucky, and thrown them up. One day she wasn't very lucky, when she ate a small stuffed mouse, and it got stuck in her intestines. She kept vomiting for 2 days and when we took her to the vet, they said she needed surgery when they took an x-ray. So now everyone has to make sure, that there are no small toys or socks on the floor.

Yes, actually eating socks as opposed to just playing with them can be a real problem as it can cause obstructions in the gut -- vets say this is one of the more frequent items causing such problems (along with things like stones, pantyhose, rawhides...

My mom's cavalier likes to take her clean socks when they are rolled in a ball and carry them around, or bring them into her crate. :lol:

Lucy loves any "worn" clothes or shoes. Socks and shoes are a favourite, she lies down on them. I've actually got some pics of her as a pup (I need to scan them in) - one of her on a pile of dirty washing that we were sorting out for the machine, and the other with her head in my oldest (and smelliest) trainers . . . with her head right inside, under the tongue.

If you take clothes of any kind off, coats, socks, hat - anything - she'll go straight over to it and lie on it. And if it's shoes, she'll lie down as close to them as she can get. LOL. It must be love :lol:

Back