Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Geordie's PSOM Update

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Moon
    Thanks for the information - Dr. Hillier is the vet who examined Geordie and found the bulging eardrums using an otoscope. Dr Cole is bringing Geordie into the study later in October. Thanks!
    Dear Cathy: It sounds like Geordie is in the best of hands with Drs. Hillier and Cole. I am interested in the possibility that the PSOM recedes by itself without the need for surgery. Please keep us informed on Geordie;s status.

Rod Russell
    Orlando, Florida USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I suppose one difference that is worth highlighting from the informative human glue ear link you provided, Cathy, is that it notes it is a painless condition in chidren, whereas it is known PSOM can be very painful and problematic in cavaliers, enough so that some symptoms seem to be the same as in cavaliers with SM. I wonder why the difference between how this occurs in dogs and in humans?
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes, I've asked about pain, wanting to know if Geordie is/was in pain. He does not appear to be and did not appear to be in pain in June when he was diagnosed, but when he was younger (and I knew nothing about PSOM) I thought he might be in pain. He really seems fine now, though.

India is going to be checked also, she is related to Geordie.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)