• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Poorly Paw

blue_star

Have been happily working away as its my first day back at work after a week long guide camp and have suddenly notice Toby really licking his paw.
When i took a closer look the skin down the side of the pads are really red and raw. The other foot doesn't look red and the pads are quite tight together. The poorly foot pads seem really spaced out.

Any suggestions, i would take him to the vet but i don't want him thinking i'm some nureotic dog owner.

I lost track of how many times we have had our dogs to the vet for something that turned out to be nothing. Never know when it might be "something", and time is important.

Taking Toby in to the vet does not make you a "nureotic dog owner", it makes you a caring dog owner.

Amy, get him to the vets. It could be a grass seed :( Which Vets do you go to? I use Lime Street as James has got 3 Cavs of his own. I think he's in Pershore this afternoon though.....

This happened to Brodie once. He licked his paw all night long. At first I thought it was some type of allergy or would go away on its own. It didn't so I took him to the vet. Something he stepped on had irritated his paw. The vet gave me an ointment and it stopped bothering him almost immediately.

Back