Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lead for 3 or 3 dogs

Post Thanks / Like

Default lead for 3 or 3 dogs

Do you know if they make leads for 2 or 3 dogs at a time

I took Kayla/ Molly / Abby for a walk yesterday and i ended up tieing the leashes together. it was fun taking them

then we all sat on a bench and people watched

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, there are leashes of this sort. They are generally called couplers. You can do a search online and on this site and you might get some good suggestions.
    Cindy
    Cedar (tri), Willow (blen), Holly (ruby), & Bella (blen)

Post Thanks / Like

I tried a two lead thing - please note the 'tried' - I have three seperate leads now - I am sure there is a thread with a good online store.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Nicki has got one for her boys - I'm sure she'll be along soon

OR you can try one of these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...17609?n=284507

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I tried a coupler when India and Geordie were younger. They didn't like it, so we just use separate leads.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

looks cool,,,, because they walked much better whenthey were close... when the leash was not tied i was getting tied up with the three of them lol

Post Thanks / Like

We use couplers when we walk all 4. 2 dogs per leash; one leash in each hand. The 2 youngest go together and the 2 olders go together. Otherwise, the young ones tangle everything up!
    Molly and Murphy (tri), Katie (ruby), Casey (B/T),Spike the wonder pup (tri), Suzie (tri) and Penny (blen)

Post Thanks / Like

It didn't work with Busta and Woody - Busta is always trying to get in front and then when each of them wanted to go to the toilet the other would keep walking - it was a funny five minutes watching Busta hopping down the road trying to wee.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

sorry for not getting here sooner...

yes I have just bought a three dog system from

http://larzpetgear.com/shop/index.ph...d&productId=10

IT'S BRILLIANT!!!!

This is what you get for each dog

For two dogs you use the extra strong bungee cord, individual bungee leads and the splitter

For three you just clip the third dog's bungee lead to the splitter.

With two, they don't tangle at all. With three, they do a little but it's very easy to untangle them, you just drop the handle part through where they are tangled - MUCH easier than unknotting leads.

The main reason for buying this though is to stop the pulling - mine will all walk beautifully individually, but pull like trains together

It really works...have a read through the website.

It look expensive, but with the dollar so low at the moment it was abot £50 with shipping....and Id say it was worth it.

The shopping basket might not let you enter other than Us for shipping, but if you e-mail they will sort it out. It takes a few weeks as they make them to order. There's a choice of colours - we thought black would go with everything!

This is a complete set for TWO dogs

I have tried many other duo leads, couplers etc, but none were as good as this
    Nicki, Tommy and Daisy (Shih Tzu )
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nicki thanks! I was just thinking about that lead, as I'd read about it and was going to say it looked good but I'd never tried it... but I couldn't remember where I'd seen it!

I find walking two on a long coupler (fabric, NOT chain) from petedge.com works well for two BUT they do end up like a sled team if you have dogs that like to pull. I have a triple couple but it is a bit awkward.

I remembered looking at this lead and thinking it might work pretty well.

When I walk them on separate leads, I find using different colour leads really helps. I do two different colour longer leads for the boys and a shorter lead for Lily (who doesn't pull). Still it is awkward and I am always worried I will drop a lead at the wrong moment, so I might order one of these.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Tansy : Mindy Connie Roxy Neasa Gus
    In memory: My beautiful Jaspar Lucy Leo Lily Libby