• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New to Cavalier Talk

I just wanted to say hello, I am new to the list. I have three Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. I hope to meet other Cavalier owners and share some stories. I have a website with my kids on it if you would like to go see it is www.queenscourtcavaliers.com

I sure hope I did the Avatar thing right.

Thanks,
Becky Angle

Hi and welcome,

looking forward to lots of photos from your little ones, and hearing about their stories as well. enjoy! :flwr:

Alison, wilts, U.K.

Welcome to Cavalier Talk - we want to see more pictures of your babies.... please icon_whistling

Hi Becky!
Your Queen Caroline has quite the Cinderella life! ;)
Loved the photos on your website!
Welcome!
Nancy
NJ

What a warm welcome

Thank you to everyone who has wished me such a warm welcome to the group. I can not tell you how lucky I feel to have found this list.

I had raised English Mastiffs and Great Danes for most of my life. When I was diagnosed with Cushing's disease and an adrenal tumor, I thought my life with dogs was over. I had Caroline and just loved the Cavalier breed so as we parted with the big dogs I replaced them with a couple more Cavaliers. I had the adrenal tumor and gland removed but now they think I have a brain tumor. My Cavaliers really do help me to forget about my health issues. I like to think of them as my own therapy dogs.

Thank you again for the nice welcome. It really does mean a lot.
:flwr:
Becky Angle

Love the doggy photos - how do you do the circle thing around them??!

Very sorry to hear about your health afflictions, which are of a serious nature. I'm glad you have your doggies to give you comfort and companionship during these tough times. A friend's husband was recently found to have a brain tumour. It was removed and his prognosis is excellent. I hope you don't have a brain tumour, but, if you do, I hope it proves of the easy to deal with variety.

sorry to hear about the health struggles. my friend's ex husband had a brain tumor years ago, our kids were in elementary or middle school, over 10 or 15 years ago. Even though it was growing, when they did surgery, they found it was benign, though until the surgery, the worst was feared. I had not seen her in many years and then ran into her at the dog park the other night, and she told me of her divorce--and also that Robert is fine as far as the brain tumor goes, but he does take ongoing medication for it. It's nice the way dogs can bring people together and renew old friendships.

good luck with your medical stuff, and with your NEW LITTER expected soon! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

It is great to hear about the good health news from others. I hope I am as lucky.

Yes, we will be having puppies very soon. Caroline is expecting. She has been bred her to a lovely blen. show male. I must say her breeding is a selfish one. The stud dog owner will get one, my mother will get one and I will probably keep the rest. Hopefully, her personality, great health and beauty will be passed on to the puppies. We are hoping for at least two show puppies.

We had an ultrasound at 30 days and we go back this afternoon for an x-ray to tell us how many puppies to expect. I know my husband is hoping we don't have very many as he is already low man around here.

:flwr:
Becky

Welcome Becky. Your website is fun.

So sorry to hear about your health issues. There's a reason why Cavaliers are called "comfort spaniels". Hope yours bring you lots of comfort!!

Thank you so much.

We had our x-ray and the vet saw three little puppies, just enough. The vet laughed at Caroline because she kind of grunted when the vet picked her up. She asked Caroline what she would do if she had a tummy full.

Becky

Hi Becky and welcome. Lovely website and puppers. I hope your health issues resolve on a positive note. Congratulations on your upcoming litter. We will anxiously await pics of little babies.

i was a bit slow in introducing myself sorry. got caught up in all the chat that has been going on. jadan, (thats jayden) is five months old now and rules the roost. he is the most cuddly pup ever. we have a cat named shy who is five years and he soooo wants to play with her. bowing and yapping at her like she was a puppy. she wont have it of course. never mind jay, plenty of other pups around. we have a big eating problem. after reading your topics i have to realise that its all my fault as is usual. why would he want to eat the same food if i keep giving him others to try!!? wouldnt i like to try the whole menu first! but how long can you leave them without eating before your heart melts with those big eyes. i know i am not doing him any favours, but when he goes at one with gusto you think you have cracked it until the next time. obviously because he is starving! if he doesnt eat he ends up eating unsavoury things off the field because he is so hungry, so then i have to keep him on lead. should i just leave the same out again and again? you can hear his stomach growel. bless him.

Welcome Becky, Charlotte, Caroline and Oliver! I put your name first because with your household, you probably don't come first very often...lol.

I am truly sorry to hear about your health difficulties and will send lots of positive energy your way! I can sympathize a bit. I myself have MS and at times it can be frustrating. I have a fabulous young daughter named Rowan and a 2yearold blenheim boy named Finn, and with their help and energy I managed to keep walking through my last relapse right into my next remission (which I am still in). They are a gift, comfort and truly inspiring with all of their exhuberance - who can help but to try and keep up? lol. All the best to you and your expanding family and we will see you around the board!

Back