• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Another newbie here...

Jillp

Hello everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself and my pretty little girl Nutmeg. She's 12 weeks old and we got her as a companion to our 5 year old Shih Tzu, Molly.

My husband, daughter (10) and I are having tons of fun spoiling her and have been very busy chasing after her to make sure she is staying out of trouble.

I am already experiencing some things with 'Meg' that I dont remember going through when Molly was a puppy. She has already developed a tendency to 'guard' her food and treats. I am making sure to be around her a lot while she's eating, throwing yummy things in her bowl and to pet her when she has a chew treat or toy, swapping it for something a little better and then giving the treat back to her. I hope I am going about that correctly.

edit: I apologize for posting this in the general discussion thread. I just saw the introduction thread and should have posted there :oops:
I look forward to getting to know all of you seasoned Cav owners and getting some much needed advise.

Nutmeg is an adorable name for a ruby, and she's so cute!! :lol:

Your description of how your handeling her guarding issues is just what our trainer suggested to someone in our class. She was stressing the key is to be consistant with it--do it all the time with toys, etc.

No need for apologies; I just move them if I see them because people tend to like to check in on new members in this forum, whereas newbie intros can get lost in the general section as most posts are made there. :)

Welcome to the site! Nutmeg IS a great name.

We just had a discussion on food guarding so you can get some extra links and information here:

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2963

What a beautiful little girl - I am sure a lot of treats are going to be given to her when she pulls the innocent look.... :d*g:

icon_welcome to you and Nutmeg

Perfectly fitting name for a gorgeous little Ruby lass.

Gotta love those rubies, I also have a ruby and love the spunky personality that he has.

Mischevous wee bugger he is, Dudley is more regal.

Looking forward to getting to know you. :D :D :D :D

laser3.gif

What an incredibly sweet name for a ruby. I love it!! Welcome...so glad you are so in love with your little girl....you just can't help it!

Thank you, so much for the warm welcome. You are all so nice and your signature pics of your babies are sooo adorable.

Back