• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Golden Oldies

Nicki

We all like to coo over the puppy photos, but I think there is something very special about the Oldies too, and I'm not the only one :D

So I thought it would be nice to give them a thread of their own!!

I know we have some over 7s...Elaine's Lucy, Rudee, Anita's Gemma and Donna's Maxx {well almost, I think he has his birthday very soon!} spring to mind, but I'm sure there are others....

Even if you don't know their birthday, please still add your photos...

Here is my Oldie, Rupert {10}

IMG_1165.jpg

One of those days where you just do your own thing :lol:

IMG_1224.jpg

Ruperadjt161128.jpg

Nicky,

What a lovely thread :) Oh Roops, don't you look so comfy, baby? You are such a handsome boy, I can't wait to kiss that yummy nose and those gorgeously distinguished eyebrows :flwr:

Yes Nicky, Maxx is 7 in 9 days time and here he is.... He still is and always will be Mamma's gorgeous baby boy, no matter how old he gets :lol:

100_0058.jpg

Not a new one I'm afraid but I'm all behind today. The naughty baby had Mamma in and out of bed until almost 2am :( We have the bikers 'Bulldog Bash' about 15 miles from here and they had a rather spectacular laser show going. It looked wonderful but Maxx saw it as a predator in the sky and wanted to stand in the garden and tell it "Wuff, rrrr rrrr rrrr rrrr wuff" :roll: Everytime I told him "Quiet" and gave him the quiet hand signal he completely defied me and started barking loudly :roll:

I tried bringing him in but he just kept pounding against the patio doors :roll: In the end they had a break and I managed to get him back up to bed. The music kept me awake until around 3am though - I'm just glad I don't live nearer to it. Can't complain though as it's only one weekend a year and they raise thousands of ££££££'s for UK charities.

Rupert is one very handsome cavalier. Look at his beautiful coat. Most of all, I just love his face. He has the sweetest expression! Wonderful photos :flwr:

What a wonderful thread!! It makes me so happy to see some seniors. They are our hope. Love Rupert and Maxx to death!

Please post more seniors!!!

Wow a wonderful thread. Maxx and Rupert are such gorgeous boys. No way you can beat an aged cavalier face. Such beauty. I hope we will see more pics of these wonderful seniors and others.

Hey my SiânE is an eight-year-old genteel lady, I’m not ready to call her a golden oldie yet. :lol:

Can’t believe I have only had her for three years, seems like she has always been by my side.

IMAG0008.jpg

She still likes her comfort
sianeback.jpg

And to add to this lovely thread. Here’s SiânE friend from over the park. The lovely 14 years young Dylan. He’s as deaf as a post, has heart problems but still a cheeky chappie over the park as he will try and eat anything he can. Always has a smile on his face and ready to say hello to anybody who will stop.

20-04-06_1515.jpg

Edit to add that Bill name is really Dylan :sl*p:

I love SianE's gorgeous face, she's a real beauty and Maxx agrees with me. He says "Wot oo doin taneet den girlee? ;) " :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bill is a yummy boy too and 14!!!! Wowwwwwwwwwwww he's looking good on whatever he's eating in that park :lol: :lol: :lol:

My friend lost her Blenheim girl about 2 years ago at the age of 15yrs and about 10 mths!!!! Amazing :shock:

Ahh thanks :flwr: , but show him his photo and that should put him off! :lol:

IMAG0004.jpg

Dylan is another rescue dog believe it or not. This new owner spoilt him too much and he put on a lot of weight. Between me, her son and the vet telling her he really needs to go on a diet he is now at last lost some weight and has a waist. She says the biggest problem now is he can get on the coffee tablet to get to her biscuits, so she now has to be careful.

He’s one of them dogs that will eat anything even if it’s not food! I seen her son over the park moaning that he had to pull a tissue out of his mouth cause he was trying to eat that. They tried the method of making him carry his favourite toy around the park because he would not drop it in case some one nick it but he soon worked out how to drop it quick and grab the thing he wanted and pick the toy up in double speed. Thee old grey cells still work.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Go Bill :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Maxx eats weird things too. He found a condom wrapper a few weeks ago and tried to eat that :yikes Minging creature he is :yuk:

I am loving this thread, :wggle:

come on oldies,

put up your pictures... :snap: we all love you :lotsaluv: :lotsaluv: :lotsaluv:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Wow, we were out running errands for 5-6 hours and now I'm looking at all the wonderful Golden Oldies!

Donna, Maxx is still so youthful looking, such a handsome boy. 8)

I just love the soft look in these seniors' eyes. :lotsaluv:

We have a senior blenheim gent a few doors down, Wesley is 11, I think. He's a beautiful, much loved boy!

One of my favorite Cavalier shows I've ever attended was in Canada, outside of Toronto, out in the country. Several seniors were shown that day in their own classes, and it was very special for both the Cavs and their owners. :flwr:

SiânE is very pretty and doesn't look her age at all...

I didn't know what age to put, but chose 7 as that is the age they go into the Veteran class...hope I haven't offended anyone!

Maxxy still looks incredibly youthful too...such a handsome boy xxx

Bill is just amazing, I hope he keeps going for many years yet...

Glad you're all enjoying this, it's a wonderful celebration.

You might like to look at this website too:

http://www.cavaliers.co.uk/

Breed Info
Health Articles
Long Lived Cavaliers

The oldest known Cavalier was Tuppence who died in April 2005 of cancer, living to one week short of 19 years and 5 months WOW

I'm loving these pictures. Siane is gorgeous as always (even in her goofy picture) and Bill..you go big boy....I should be so blessed as to have my dogs live that long and still be that vital.

Oh it is lovely to see our senior cits!!! :) They seem to have such wisdom hiding behind the sometimes clouded eyes. I know as we had a boy who lived to 13 and they never change- always loving.
Julie and the girls

Julie have you a photo of your boy who lived to 13? We'd love to see him :D

My wise, dignified Oldie - together with his wee Ruby partner-in-crime - chased a rabbit yesterday :yikes I couldn't work out why the rabbit wasn't getting away, usually they dive straight for their holes and the dogs don't get a look in.

Well Rupert managed to catch hold of this one, I got him to drop it, and the poor little thing was very ill with Myxamatosis, :( and couldn't see at all, hence them catching him.

It didn't look injured but I think the shock was too much for it and it passed away. Sadly this is probably the kindest thing though, Myxi. is a horrid way to die and is rife around here.

I hope there's a bunny heaven where this little one can run free...

When we arrived at the heath, we were greeted by a Labrador proudly carrying his rabbit - another Myxi one :(

Strangely Rupert has never been a hunter...although his Sire was renowned for it, and his sisters are hunters...

He found a concussed Robin once and just alerted us to it, he didn't touch it at all, bless him.

There are loads of wild rabbits here, and many come into the garden...they can be less than 10feet from the dogs at times, and they don't chase them at all...I've gone out to see what Rupert is up to, and he and a rabbit have been sat facing each other, with Rupert wagging his tail!! As sson as he saw me, he thought he better bark at it :lol: :lol:

I think they must have realised the one at the heath was poorly.

Hey everybody! :D it's great to see such wonderful photos. Thought I'd add my pooch to the collection...
Just took this photo outside in the front garden .
IMG_0037.jpg
This is my Rudee aged 12 years and 7 months. :mexwav: It is great to see such longevity in a breed reknowned for heart problems. Keep those gorgeous photos coming please, and WELL DONE! Nicki; for a great idea... cl*p cl*p cl*p cl*p (y)

I love this tread! I love Rupert's sand on his nose, SiânE's spotted belly and the story of Bill just cracks me up! :lol:

Back