• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Golden Oldies

Rudee,

YOU have stolen my heart :lotsaluv: :lotsaluv: :lotsaluv: you are just so huggable!

Your little face is just wonderful, I bet you could tell us 100's of stories!

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

What a super thread, and you're right older cav's are every bit as cute as the day they were born, if not a little cuter...

Nicki, rupert is so yummy and he has such a fabulous coat. X

The first cavalier we ever had was an oldie when we got her, well not THAT old- she was 6, but she was so beautiful and bubbly it was like she was a pup (only better as she was already trained!) :l*v:

I must see if I can find a pic of her, we only have about a million of them in albums...

Thanks Clare...he's currently covered in wet sand again and shedding like mad...so poerhaps you'd like a visitor :lol: :lol: Just kidding, couldn't bear to part with him....

Would love to see your oldie too...

I think Rudee is a little girl? She does have a very wise expression and looks fabulous for her age.

Alison she reminds me so much of your Honeybuns xxx

What a good idea, this thread is great! But I can't see any of those pictures, I don't know why :(

Thanks Nicki. Here are some pictures of my lovely old man.
Toby.jpg

Toby2.jpg

Toby3.jpg

We loved him so much. He had MVD and was on meds for the last couple of years of his life but he hung in there. A dear old soul. :flwr:
Julie and the girls

How old is he i the pic? Perhaps we should get Karlin to create a oldies gallery as well as a puppy gallery as they are all cute as pups but have more expressional faces as they get older :jump:

Whoohoo now I can see the pictures! :D And I love them all :lotsaluv: The oldies are so cute, I wanna hug them aaaall :hug:

Julie your Old boy was just gorgeous, what a special darling.

The Oldies are very precious, so many memories...

Julie, your little man was a handsome boy alright. He had such a lovely glossy coat and kind face :flwr:

Rudee, you are quite possibly the most beautiful Blenheim girl walking this earth :flwr:

Nicki, everytime I see Ropps gorgeous face I want to hug him and kiss that nose :lotsaluv:

I can't wait to meet him and you might be missing a Cavalier when we leave. We're making plans to kidnap him ...... :badgrin: :lol:

Oh Donna, :flwr: ( who should be busy doing her painting! )

You have let the cat right out of the bag!!! Nicki will now guess whats going on! ...how are we gonna get Roops now? :sl*p:

I was hoping that she wouldn't notice the very large suitcase that we are gonna bring!!! ....thought we could pass it of as extra clothes for our stay in that caravan....I gather we will need our winter nicks in March as well... :yikes it's still cold up there then... :jump:

but seriously...all the oldies are heart stealers...Cavaliers just seem to get more beautiful with age... :lotsaluv:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

I'd love to see photos of more oldie cavs. I think it would also be interesting to list the sire and dam of your dog if you know it, or at least the kennel affix. It would be interesting to see how many of the old dogs are closely related and what their lines are- I know there are lists of long living Cavs on the CKCS sites, but they can't be comprehensive.

Personally I'd love to see a comprehensive list showing cavaliers who have lived to a certain age (say, ten) that includes their colouring (whole colour or parti), sex, age murmur (if present) first detected and grade etc, but that's probably something you'd need a research grant for! Fascinating, though..

Ahah caught you...and you thought you'd got away with this, that I'd not seen it!!

I can tell you...you'd soon bring him back :lol: He's more trouble than the two littleies put together :yikes :badgrin:

He may sleep a lot, but we know about it when he's awake!!

Alison, you will need your thermals...and Trevor was just asking if you could ski :yikes :yikes

Sometimes it can be really warm at that time of year, others it's freezing, so you need LAYERS!!

And if you're very good, I'll put an extra dog on the bed for you!!

I'll cope with him Nicki, he sounds just like someone who is about 2" away from my left foot :lol: That's what I love about the oldies, they still have that naughty and mischievious streak :lol:

Tell Trevor that I'm OK, I can ski - Alison can sit on her bum and slide if she can't hahahahaha

Bagseye Roops on my bed and I'll also bring my hotty botty too. I don't do cold feet! Shall I start packing now? I might have enough layers packed by March if I do :lol:

Maxxs_Mummy said:
I'll cope with him Nicki, he sounds just like someone who is about 2" away from my left foot :lol: That's what I love about the oldies, they still have that naughty and mischievious streak :lol:

Tell Trevor that I'm OK, I can ski - Alison can sit on her bum and slide if she can't hahahahaha

Bagseye Roops on my bed and I'll also bring my hotty botty too. I don't do cold feet! Shall I start packing now? I might have enough layers packed by March if I do :lol:

ermmmmmm - if next March is anything like the weather we got in North-East ENGLAND this March, you'll be snowed in for the month ;)

I love the oldies' attitude. They are soooooo funny.

Cailean creases us up with his naughtiness too. He's frequently on the dining table and he throws his water bowl around the kitchen when he's emptied it.

He runs backwards through the house, knocking any animal or person in his way flying. :lol:

He never bothers to actually LOOK before he sits down - or should I say plonks himself down. Hence, he sits on Bradley or the cats quite a lot ;).

There is something so special about an "experienced" older dog - they've seen it all and they're such characters. :) Cailean's only 6, but he's an OAP to me because of his poorly heart.

Back