Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tri Girl at Many Tears

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tri Girl at Many Tears

Tri girl at Many Tears....

Ex- Puppy farm as usual poor little love looks petrified, hope someone takes her to her forever home very soon. I wish I could have her but I know there's no point in even asking

http://www.freewebs.com/manytearsres...ngforhomes.htm

Post Thanks / Like

I thought she looked scared too, poor little sweetheart

At least when Bradley came away from the puppy farm, he was with 4 other companions. She must be wondering what on earth's happening to her now.

I'd put money on it someone's got their name down for her already though . (No, not me ).

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, she looks so frightened.......someone will take her home and love her forever...

Alison, wilts, U.K.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I hadn't of looked at the photo, because now I'm really tempted.
    I've said ever since we got Maisie that when she was a bit older, we would get a friend for her. Now I need some advice....... Would little Jaylo freak having a 7 1/2mth old running around her???? Do you think it is wise getting a rescue when Masie is still a pup?? Oh god!!!!! I decided that our next dog would definately be a rescue, and it seems like too good to be true. I take it she's never lived in a proper home before, so what do you think she would be like around children????
    HELP EVERYONE.

Jo
    Maisie (ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

This little one has come from the Puppy Farm and has been used as a breeding bitch.....both my two Cavalier girls were also ex breeding bitches....they loved puppies!

A gentle well supervised introduction should do the trick and just keep an eye that Masie gives her the respect that she deserves, do it gradually day by day just like introducing any puppy to an older dog.

Go on, give her a chance of alot of happiness and buckets of love!

PM any time if you get stuck with anything.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Post Thanks / Like

I can second what Alison says. I knew her two very well and they were absolute darlings. When they stayed with me they were absolutely fine with children that we met whilst out on walks and even when my friends came to visit with their children - obviously well supervised and I'm sure you would supervise well from your other posts

Post Thanks / Like

Many Tears are delighted to hear from people who already have a Cavi., to adopt one of their ex puppy farm cavs.

Tbh, I should imagine the phone started ringing for Jay-Lo when MT opened at 10 this morning, but do give it a try.

If it's any consolation, I tried for 2 cavaliers from Many Tears before we got lucky with Bradley. I didn't realise they go so quickly

Bradley came in with 4 other cavaliers and popped up on the website on a Thursday night. I phoned up at 10.00 when they opened the next day and they were engaged solidly til I got through about 20 mins later. By that time 4 of the cavaliers had already got people (subject to homecheck); we fell in just right and got Bradley.

A tip I've noticed - MT seem to update their website every 1-2 days, usually early/mid evening. If you don't get Jay-Lo, just keep watching out.

Oh, another thing - I e-mailed interested in a cavalier and they didn't read the e-mail for 24 hours, so it's just as well to phone I think. They are so very busy there and do a wonderful job.

Alison is so experienced with ex puppy farm dogs and is a mine of info. The main thing to bear in mind, I think, is that you don't get a dream dog overnight but when you get the triumphs, they mean so much more.

And also be prepared for literally many tears. Sometimes when Bradley "freezes" I just cry and cry. I try not to think about his past, but inevitably do at times.

Post Thanks / Like

Fran,

You are so right in that you don't get a dream dog overnight......

But my two made all my dreams come true....they surprised me daily, they gave and trusted so completely, they changed me as a person for the better, taught me patience and tolerence, and I never knew such happiness as while I had them under my wing.....they are so, so missed.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alison_Leighfield
    Fran,

You are so right in that you don't get a dream dog overnight......

But my two made all my dreams come true....they surprised me daily, they gave and trusted so completely, they changed me as a person for the better, taught me patience and tolerence, and I never knew such happiness as while I had them under my wing.....they are so, so missed.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.
    ((((( Alison )))))

You did such wonderful things for those 2 little girls. I'm sure they're watching over you, and are now taking their turn in protecting you.

You gave them the most precious gift anyone could give them.

All I can say to anyone thinking of a puppy farm/mill rescue is that these dogs have probably seen things that we could never imagine, and wouldn't want to.

I feel more maternal to my puppy farm boy than I did to my own daughter - that sounds dreadful. I think that is because his needs are more than just physical; he has emotional scars. I have literally never felt such a need to look after any person or animal in my life.

Post Thanks / Like

It says on MT website that Jay-Lo is being home-vetted.