• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Willow and Cedar

Moviedust

The girls had a fun day. They got all sorts of new things!

Willow still is unable to jump up on the sofa, and neither of the girls can jump up onto our bed. My dad, who has to have 'projects' to stay sane, decided to build them steps to use for the sofa and bed! The bed is quite a bit higher than the sofa, so the second step isnt as necessary for the sofa. Willow doesnt seem to mind, though.

Here are the steps:
willowsteps.jpg

It is taking her a little while, but Willow is getting the hang of using the steps to get up on the sofa:
willowbottomstep.jpg

Cedartopstep.jpg

Along with the steps, we invested in a few new toys. Cedar is turning into a chewer, and she's destroyed most of the toys we had. Willow had taken a liking to a squeaking dr.noy bone, and Cedar chewed a hole in it, as well as many other favorites. :roll: So, we needed some more durable chew toys. We are trying out the Bamboo bone and a petstages Orka-on-a-Rope. I can see already that the rope isnt going to last :?

Willow is still very tentative about new objects:
willoworka.jpg

Cedar is not - she'll take away whatever Willow inspects:
cedartoyhog.jpg

So far, this bamboo bone is okay, though the black trim is already frayed.
cedarchewing.jpg

cedarbamboo.jpg

And here's one of sweet Willow, resting after training on the steps:
sleepingheadshot.jpg

Well..your dad sounds like a really neat guy! Very cute pictures. I love the one of Cedar standing with her toy in her mouth.

Cathy T said:
Well..your dad sounds like a really neat guy! Very cute pictures. I love the one of Cedar standing with her toy in her mouth.

Yeah, he's pretty cool about the dogs, but he'll never admit it. He's the first one to bellow "they are just dogs!!" but then he's the one down on the floor rolling around with them, he's the one sneaking them food or putting extra ice in his glass because he expects to "share". Dad's all bark. ;)

After talking to my dad on the phone he always say "give my love to John and my grandpuppies" I love him for that!

Those pictures are so beautiful. I know what you mean with a chewer though. I have one of those. She demolishes toys in about 5 minutes. Apart from Nylabones, I haven't found anything that she can't destroy yet.
Once again Beautiful babies. :)
Julie and the girls

Forest said:
Those pictures are so beautiful. I know what you mean with a chewer though. I have one of those. She demolishes toys in about 5 minutes. Apart from Nylabones, I haven't found anything that she can't destroy yet.

We've only ever given Cedar a Nylabone once. She ate the entire thing before I realized it!! They dont stand a chance against her.

I think Willow is a daddy's girl!! And I know what you mean about "it's just a dog" but they are all talk no action. I came in after giving Kosmo a walk the other day and Avi was making a bit of fried chicken for him! It was in a nonstick pan without butter but stilL!! He made some only for Kosmo - none for me or himself. What's with that?

Is the bamboo bone one of those toys surrounded by nylon? Kosmo is such a chewer! He even chewed up the "indestructable" toys! I don't know what to get him that he won't demolish. He's done teething, I think he just chews for the fun of it. And that blue thing - how's that doing health wise? lol :p

Your girls are soo cute cindy!! Kosmo says he's in love ! :lotsaluv:

arasara said:
I think Willow is a daddy's girl!! And I know what you mean about "it's just a dog" but they are all talk no action. I came in after giving Kosmo a walk the other day and Avi was making a bit of fried chicken for him! It was in a nonstick pan without butter but stilL!! He made some only for Kosmo - none for me or himself. What's with that?

Is the bamboo bone one of those toys surrounded by nylon? Kosmo is such a chewer! He even chewed up the "indestructable" toys! I don't know what to get him that he won't demolish. He's done teething, I think he just chews for the fun of it. And that blue thing - how's that doing health wise? lol :p

Your girls are soo cute cindy!! Kosmo says he's in love ! :lotsaluv:

Willow is a Daddy's girl for SURE! She loves to follow him about. He gives both girls special treats, too. He likes to make them poached eggs now and then. Yesterday I saw him slip Willow an animal cracker!!

The bamboo bone is supposed to be really durable. So far, the red, firehose-material is doing great. It's the black trim material that's fraying. It doesnt seem to effect the seem of the red parts, so we'll see yet.

The orka toy isnt doing so great. Cedar has managed to chew through most of the rope, so we are limiting her access to it. Willow likes it, but we have to watch or Cedar will steal it. :roll: Case in point, Willow was playing with a rope toy and Cedar just stole it from her! NAUGHTY CEDAR!

LOL I think Cedar has turned into a chewer since willow is there because if she destroys it even though she can't have it anymore, willow can't either! hehe :)

The sides of that thing we had frayed all over too. I was constantly cutting off little pieces. Then one night Kosmo got really interested in it and broke open the fire hydrant part. :yikes I find myself just buying the pig feet and rawhides and giving them to him under supervision now. I can't tell you how much money we've spent on toys over the past 4 months. The figure is ridiculous, I can tell you that much for sure! Even a compressed rawhide bone we just bought (which was red.. never buy something red on the outside.. Your dogs (and carpets) will turn pink!) anyways he chewed completely through the compressed rawhide!! I only leave him with a kong, some rubber pacifier thing, and a few plastic nylabones that he only plays with if there's nothing else. Anything else I think he'd accidently kill himself with.

If you ever find something Cedar can't destroy, please pass it along!! lol :p I've been searching to no avail . Even the nice $10 toys are gone within 24 hours. I have a pile in my closet that I keep promising to do surgery on, but I Haven't made it that far yet.

That's good that Willow follows her daddy around all the time. I've found that when Kosmo follows Avi around he's a lot nicer and less grouchy.. lol :p And he's even said "hey do you wanna take Kosmo in a walk?!" once or twice. I almost fell over because I usually have to pull him by his hair to walk with me, but WOOHOO whatever Kosmo's doing seems to bee working!!

When I go back to Washington I think I am going to have my grandpa (who sounds just like your dad) make me a wooden cavalier feeding station thing and some bed steps. I can send it back in the mail for a lot less than I can buy it for here. I can't believe the costs for raised cavalier feeders and steps! People must be mad to buy them!! It will be a nice project for us to do together. :) Were the girls scared of the stairs at first? Did you have to push them up or leave treats on the stiars? I'm having trouble teaching Kos to hop on the sofa. He does it sometimes but never usually voluntarily. The broom fell on the floor one night and he moved so fast he was like a blur and was on my lap in a flash.. the little chicken.. he only hops up when he gets really excited or is scared.. It was easy to teach him to get off of the sofa and go down the stairs, but getting up is a whole new story .. . :roll:

Take care ! :flwr:

arasara said:
Were the girls scared of the stairs at first? Did you have to push them up or leave treats on the stiars?
Take care ! :flwr:

Cedar doesnt need the steps to get on the sofa; she can jump it. She'll go up and down the steps sometimes, though, without fear.

Willow wasnt afraid of them either. I have to remind her what they are for sometimes, but she's doing better. When she wants up, she knows the stairs will get her there. I dont think she was afraid of it really. She takes her time with anything new; she doesnt jump right in, even with food and toys. I guess she's not used to new things yet.

Glad they love the steps--we have some for Abbey and Gus and they're so handy. We don't have any for the couch though, just the bed.
We bought ours, but I wish I would have thought to make them instead....it would be easy just to buy a wood step and staple carpet pieces to it...and a lot cheaper than what I paid for mine, I'm sure :*gh:

Wow Cedar and Willow are so tiny compared to ours !!!! Their little faces are adorable , especially when their eyes are so cute and large ..

Back