• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sabrina has a urinary tract infection

mlc4140

I was devasted. It started last night, she was dribbling everywhere, just not acting herself. Then I noticed red in her urine on the carpet. I immediately called the vet. I collected urine from her and took her in and I was correct, she in fact has a urinary tract infection. I was told she didn't have blood in her urine however, that was from her licking herself raw down there. I asked if it was something I had done and the vet told me no that puppies will get these infections, however I am still very upset, right now she is taking a nap with my husband I am to upset to nap. I feel horrible about this. They put her on an antibotic for 10 days and said that actually after one dose that we will see improvement. So she gets cheese for 10 days twice a day to hide the pill in which will make her a very happy puppy.

Don't beat yourself up over this. Shelby had a uti at one time also and the antibiotics cleared it right up. Nothing you could have done. At least you caught it. She'll be okay :hug:

Poor little baby but she will be fine soon once the meds start working and she will enjoy the cheese :D
Julie and the girls

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I was just so upset because I have been so careful with her and to see her acting down just upset me terribly. She is acting a bit better tonight she has give Cisco our younger cat his head bath, for some reason she feels that he needs bathed daily. Its to funny. Well thanks again everyone, hopefully in the next day or so she is back to herself totally.

Glad to hear she's feeling better. :flwr:
We really have to watch our little doglets closely since they can't tell us what's wrong. As soon as I notice that 'droopy' look, I tune in closely looking for other signs.

Back