Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puppia for Sale

Post Thanks / Like

Default Puppia for Sale

Red, soft mesh Puppia, Size L. Clean, excellent condition. $15.

Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like

i would be interested in getting it, but i'm not sure how to judge what size zack needs. I got him a small about 3 months ago, on eBay, and it was way too small for him. Not sure if a large would be right or too big. He weighs about 14 pounds 4 oz. That's why i never tried to get another Puppia, i dont know how to fit him. But i think he'd look great in red.

Post Thanks / Like

Judy,

I think the sizing is fairly straight forward. (though don't ask Karlin about that, she's had a whirl of a time with ordering a size and getting a size marked something else and so on!) The lady I was talking about, Roxanne, sells Puppias on her website. She's a member of this board. Her website is www.tiabellas.com There is a sizing chart for the harnesses on there. I measured Kosmo with a regular measuring tape.. Good luck ! (:

Post Thanks / Like

Jen - I would love to buy this from you!! Jake currently has a size large in dark blue...but you can't see it against his dark body. I've thought about getting a new one but couldn't justify spending the money because there was nothing wrong with this current one. This I can justify!!! I'll pm you.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

thanks sara--it would fit zack perfectly according to the chart--i would've thought he'd be a medium, he's under 15 pounds. anyway, he's still growing. so i would definitely like to buy it.

cathy--if you buy it, that's good too--it will stay in the 'family.'

love that photo of cedar on the tiabela site.

Post Thanks / Like

The sizing on these can definitely be a bit tricky. Jake is 21 lbs and the Large fits him perfectly. Shelby is 19 lbs and she always wears large but it's a little loose around her neck. I couldn't get a medium over either of their heads
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy T
    The sizing on these can definitely be a bit tricky. Jake is 21 lbs and the Large fits him perfectly. Shelby is 19 lbs and she always wears large but it's a little loose around her neck. I couldn't get a medium over either of their heads
    It sure is tricky. On the tiabella site it says the medium is 11.5" at the collar and large is 13" at the collar. Measuring Zack's neck at the smallest point, behind the skull, with two fingers breadth leeway, his neck is 12.5". it seems the medium would be either too small to fit over his head, or would be awfully tight, with no room to grow.

The chest on the Large ranges from 18.5" to 23". Zack's chest measures 17.5 at its narrowist point, so i guess a large is the only size that would fit him, and would give room to grow.

It may be that his frame is large compared to his weight. 14.25 lbs seems like a low weight, i thought he was at least 15, the weight hasn't gone up in a long time. He doeesn't look scrawny to me but he does have a distinct waist. you can feel his ribs, but you can't see them. Vet said he was perfect weight and size. but it looks to me like he could gain some and still not be fat. When i bought the first Puppia i went by weight, he was probably about 12 pounds then and i heard of other dogs who were 12 lbs and wore a small so i got a small, but it wouldt' fit over his head. So i guess it's his frame.

Post Thanks / Like

I deleted the text for this because it was a duplicate post.
    I'm having bad internet problems today due to Time Warner taking over Adelphia. i guess i ended up with two posts when i kept clicking on submit because it wasn't working. i dont' really know how it happened but it took a long time to send that post.

on my 4th call to Time Warner since Friday morning, and second call today, i finally got a guy who didn't insist that the problem was with my wireless router. He did more checking and said he could see that there was a problem with lots of cable modems in my area, and that it was on their end, not mine. He said that it had not been reported to their engineers yet. He said he would do that right now, that their engineers didnt' know about it yet. but now, they would start workign on it.

I hate when that happened. I knew it wasn't my wireless router, but there was nothing i could do.

why am i venting about this here? ok, good bye.

ps, i'm on earthink dialup right now. i asked him for a discount on my bill because i am paying for high speed internet and he gave me $10.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Judy, a medium would fit a dog up to 16.5 lbs or so; they don;t really fit like a collar would. A large would be huge on a 14-ish lb dog.

I finally got the mix up on sizes figured out -- for some reason I was sent a medium that falls in between the current medium and large sizes, plus a 'real' medium, which I had assumed was a small. But the smalls are really tiny. It's a shame my weird medium isnn't the correct medium size as they are a better medium -- the larges are a lot larger and Jaspar is in between the medium and large.

The small would be too small for a puppy by the time it is about 6 months.

The large is pretty big. Jaspar can wear one but it is very loose; he's about 16.5 lbs. The medium is a little snug going over his head but fits fine and there's plenty of room in the girth.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Sold! Thanks everyone!
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)