• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I was wondering...

Karlin

Mondays Midnight Irish time for voting ???????????

I go away every wkd, so I am never around on weekends for Voting
so that would leave me Mondays except on Holiday weekends I would not be able to vote, so can we make an exception for holiday weekends.

I think we also need to limit the qty of pictures too, or we may get bombarded with tons of entries for the same dog.

How about if you own more than one dog, and one of them does not fit that theme, are we making an exception that the other dog can enter on behalf of the sibling. ???????

Sorry I am only asking. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Are we only putting Cavalier pics in? many of us have multi breeds in one home and cats! :D

An idea... 1 picture per household per week is a good idea with as much as you can get contents wise in that picture and then choose the "Overall best" picture...any good?

just a thought... :sl*p:

Alison, wilts, U.K.

I love this idea! I like the one pic per dog, rather than one per owner, but I also like the "get as many as you can in one photo" idea!

I do like being able to include our other furbabies...could we occasionally do a contest that includes them, or should we allow them in each contest week?

I love the frog legs theme! Can't wait to get this started!! :)

Karlin - will the contest get its own special forum (like General Discussion, Puppy Photos, etc) or will it belong in the General Discussion forum?

It's already got a section in the Photo Gallery which I'll open for posts once we have the basics worked out.

I am thinking that people could start to post pics for the new theme each Tuesday thru to Saturday. Then voting could be Sunday and Monday with the winner announced Tuesday. Midnight Irish time (GMT) would be 7pm east coast, and 4pm west coast of US, so that gives all Monday for people to vote if they can;'t vote at weekends.

I can make it run Wed to Tuesday as well?

Alternatively, Friday could be the start of a new theme, with voting on Wed and Thursday? People could post pics until late Tuesday.

:D the frog leg position :yikes . Eh! what's that?????????? icon_nwunsure

I think my baby would be too old for that one??

Can you include something for the oldies sometime.

Can't wait to see all the photos...
I LOVE THIS SITE!!! b*n*n* :lotsaluv: :w**h**: :w*w: :rah: :jmp:

Linda said:
KarlinMondays Midnight Irish time for voting ???????????

Silly Linda, you're reading to fast!!! ;-) Karlin said "Then people would have until Monday to vote," not that you will have to vote on Monday at midnight...

As long as the voting can take place during the week I'll be very happy. I'm not on my computer much at all on the weekends, so weekdays are best for me and El Senor Chestero.

This is going to be a TON of fun and frog leg poses is an excellent first competetion!

would two photos per dog per contest be ok? that wouldn't be too bombarding would it? i say this because i often seem to not be able to choose between my favorite photos and end up posting two, and it's so painful to have to choose sometimes. I'm not saying you have to post two but just that there could be a two photo limit instead of a one photo limit, unless a lot of people think that would be too bombarding. One is nice too. :)

Hey, I got in a computer as my friends hous.

On that site I am entering, there is onley one pic per mebmer, but you can have any dog breed you want in there, and as many dogs as you want.

So, you just make a new topic, and everyone post there pics there, and then that topic is locked.
This i hove it works on the other site, but ofcourse we can make so changings.

I think there will be plenty of opportunity for all to put in lots of pics if this is a weekly competiton -- so one picture per member per contest will make it manageable (after all we are about to hit 600 members, probably tomorrow! I think any dogs are fine and any number in a single picture, and for that matter cats as far as I am concerned. :lol:

I will open the first thread for entries, which will be accepted until the start of Sept. I will put the info in the competition area; it is already in the Photo Gallery section. The first subject is frog-leg positions!

This is the froglegs position:

DSC01079.jpg

Yeah, that was Jaspar when he was a few months old (you can see his tail had only just begun to unfurl!). He was such a little imp. 8)

Back