• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Had Robbie to the eye vet for a check up

debjen

He still isn't producing any tears in the right eye but otherwise looking good..no infections so continue what we are doing...however she kept looking at his good eye and I'm wondering why...finally she says there's a blood vessel by the retina that is curved strangely and affecting the retina in just one spot could be some retained fluid in that area..could be from an injury.. could be something inheritable but can't remember what she said now..anyway he goes on Prednisone for it and recheck in 3 weeks..

Have you anything for the "Dry Eye" like drops or ointments to keep it moist, dry eyes can become very sore which can become a huge problem. Hope he comes good soon, keep us updated. Hugs for the little fella.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

yes we have multiple drops that he gets for the dry eye...we use both I-drop and Refresh eyegel for lubricating and moisture and tacrolimus to help with inflammation and to try and produce tears...we also keep antibiotic eye drops around to use as needed for infections...Poor guy gets drops at least 6-8 times a day..he gets the tacrolimus twice a day unless we are having problems then we increase it to 3 times..and he gets the lubricating drops at least 4 times a day..more if I can or he looks like he needs it..luckily he is very good about getting his drops (once I catch him..LOL) as we have been doing this since he was about 9 weeks old

Poor Robbie -- but it sounds like you are going through all the right steps and that generally, he is doing well.

I know of other cavaliers who have to have this level of eye care.

Back