• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Another Cavy-mad Proud Mama

Finns Family

Hello All!

Where does one go when your friends think you are nuts for sacrificing dating for Flyball, and the Stitch n' Bitchers think there are more worthwhile pursuits than finding the absolute perfect coat pattern for a Blenheim? (and what's a blenythingy anyways? I thought you had a spaniel or something???)

My daughter and I have a 2 year-old Blenheim boy named Finnegan, who has been the most wonderful addition to our family. Finn came from Gooseberry (The Gies farm) in Chatsworth and is completely worth all those 4 hour drives to visit before he came home (finally!)

As you can see from the pic, his favourite activity is anything involving his beloved ball ;) . Loves the water, long adventures and laps as well.

I have had countless opportunities to brag about how smart he is, how gorgeous he is, how loving etc., but until people actually meet him they don't quite get the Cavalier Madness thing. Once they meet him though, they start to get it! I originally decided to get a Cavalier because I saw a woman with one while toy shopping for my daughter. I had been looking at large breed dogs and her 2 yr-old blenheim boy just stole my heart. It took a while to find a breeder (with a puppy that might be available in the next 3 years :? ) but persistance (and patience) eventually paid off :) .

Okay...I think I have gotten it all of my sytem for now! lol. I have been browsing the site for a bit and I have to say that I have never seen so may adorable pics! Everyones dogs are just gorgeous and a special note for GudrunTheRed and Chester...how completely appropriate are your pics?! :D . Chester wears his crown well:-D.

Welcome and thanks for the wonderful complement! That crown and matching cape were supposed to be his Halloween costume but he refused to wear the crown for more than 20 seconds! Oh well...I managed to get a few good pics while he had it on.

Like you I LOVE all the avatars on this site and there are some very funny ones! Your pics of Finnegan is very cute and I LOVE any and all "flying ear" pics...they look like they're trying to take off!

Take care and I look forward to seeing you around the board!

-Monica and Chester

Another yummy Blenheim! I adore my Blenheims but I think they all know that here :lol: :lol: :lol:

icon_welcome to the group, yes we all have the Cavalier madness, it's just great!!! we love it!

Enjoy :flwr:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

:jump: icon_welcome :jmp: :*nana: :mexwav: Welcome to the site hope you enjoy your seif b*n*n* :rah: :luv: Aileen

Well I wish I could say nice to meet you but it's too late for that!! So welcome to the board Robyn!!! :)

For everybody else, I met Finnigan and his mommy a few days after I got Kosmo when I was walking to a pet store with him. She and her daughter stopped simply because she was another Cavalier lover.. :lol: Finn really is beautiful like all of his pictures but I think maybe even a tad bit more in real life!!

You know Finn was the very first Cavalier I'de ever seen all grown up? He is so pretty!! I never thought I'de ever see you or hear from you ever again, but it's so nice to hear from you again!!! Take care of yourself and once again it's nice to see you on here!!! Hopefully we'll meet up again soon! :)

Sara and Kosmo...

Hey Sara...lol.

Sara is going to think I am a cyber stalker because she is correct;-) I came online last night and recognized her and adorable little Kosmo! We did indeed see them while driving by and did indeed almost stop traffic trying to swerve into the parking lot :roll: Kosmo was waaay too cute to pass by!

Sara already had the signature new cavalier owner pride!

Thanks for the welcome and hopefully we'll see you at the Cavalier Picnic.

Thanks very much for the welcome everyone:) I can honestly say that through reading all of your great questions and answers I have literally doubled my knowledge and awareness. I could have really benefitted two years a go bringing Finn home but better late than never;-)

Also - Cathy, thanks you for the compliment on Finns coat...it WAS lovely...lol. We were having so much trouble with burrs and matting (he is truly a bushbaby) and him getting really hot while were out and swimming so much that I had him clipped:-S. While he looks like he is about 6 months again, his new haircut has been met by shock and disbelief among the local cavalier set! I am just putting pics of him up in the gallery and to see the "true" Finn you can check out his short-haired muddy highness there...lol

arasara said:
For everybody else, I met Finnigan and his mommy a few days after I got Kosmo when I was walking to a pet store with him. She and her daughter stopped simply because she was another Cavalier lover.. :lol: Finn really is beautiful like all of his pictures but I think maybe even a tad bit more in real life!!

You know Finn was the very first Cavalier I'de ever seen all grown up? He is so pretty!! I never thought I'de ever see you or hear from you ever again, but it's so nice to hear from you again!!! Take care of yourself and once again it's nice to see you on here!!! Hopefully we'll meet up again soon! :)

I'm always amazed at what a small Cavalier world it is! :)

Back