• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Laptops & mice

merlinsmum

Just wondered if any of you endure what I endure when tryin to post on this forum.........

The nose following the mouse pointer, the lick of the screen and the pawing at the screen and keyboard - and you just thought my spelling was terrible! It very difficult to type and see what you are typing with a nosy little one trying to stand on the keyboard trying to bite the screen!

Its great when it all gets too much and you get a bit of peace
219887978_83af7eb46d.jpg

:lol: I can see that he wants to be a part of the process! :lol: My 3 can't get their paws or face near the laptop, because I'm sitting at a desk in my kitchen. Sometimes they stand up and put their paws on my lap. And find lots of other ways to draw my attention away. ;)

:rotfl: Merline has stolen Kosmo's favorite position!! lol. Nobody has any sort of clue how many things I've had to retype because Kosmo (bless him) has hit a button and it's deleted my whole thing!! Then when he's had enough of messing me up, he curls up next to me and puts his head on my mouse!! lol

I gave up trying to sit at the table for the constant pawing and because I'm only small myself Merlin struggles to stay on my lap inthe kitchen - thats why I resorted to the sofa - at least he came be next to me - albeit being a nuisance :lol:

Sabrina can't get in my lap where my laptop is, however my cat Sebastian climbs up and its nothing to find him in front of my laptop with his paw on the mouse moving it and watching it on the screen. No kidding at all, he does it all the time, of course this is the silly cat that also will watch a 2 hour movie with you non stop, he gets very interested in them. Its crazy!!!

things I've had to retype because Kosmo (bless him) has hit a button and it's deleted my whole thing!!

Here's a helpful hint -- it is never actually deleted. Just go up to the 'edit' command on the top of the toobar and then click 'undo' (I think it is 'undo typing' on Windows). If he did five things after deleting the text by accident, you can keep clicking 'undo' and it should bring back your missing chunk of type. You would only actually lose it if he shut down the entire browser or writing programme without you having had a chance to save. Even then the content is still there but a lot trickier to retrieve without some tools.

For me it is cats more than dogs that get in the way. The cats like to sit on the shelf the keyboard sits on while I am typing, thus blocking access to the keys, I am sure deliberately.

That's a brilliant tip Karlin and one I use lots - I've yet to find a way to bring back what I've typed and then had the window closed by Charlie jumping up and pawing me - any ideas ???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back