• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello from Dallas, TX

Denise G.

Just wanted to introduce myself. This is such a great and informative forum. I'm a new Cavy owner and am so excited about this little addition to the family. I have a 2 year old Golden named Wrigley and little Mia Bella...our new addition. She is 7 months old and VERY sweet. Wrigley seems to like her, too.

Anyway, thanks again for a great forum!

Denise

icon_welcome and glad you are enjoying the board. Goldens seem to be a favourite large dog choice of people that also have cavaliers! :)

icon_welcome Denise, Wrigley and Mia Bella! Looking forward to getting to know you and your Pups! :flwr:

Welcome! Nice that you've found us, I'm sure you'll learn a lot. I love Golden's, too, I grew up with them. Cavs and Golden's seem to have a lot of the same personality traits, and I bet living with both is a lot of fun! :D

Thanks for the warm welcome! Yes, Goldens and Cavaliers seem to have a lot of the same temperament traits and are exceptionally brilliant! ;) That's one of the biggest reasons I was drawn to Cavs--along with the fact that Mia Bella weighs about 90lbs. less than Wrigley. But he's a such a big sweetie! Mia is proving to be all I had hoped for in a Cavalier. So eager to please and easy to train and a cuddle bug, too! Who could ask for more?!?!?

I'm officially addicted to this little girl--there should be a twelve-step program... :D

Hi! We are from Kingwood, TX and have recencly bought a tri color male. He is now 12 weeks old and we have also named him Wrigley - same as your 2 year old. Great minds!

Hope the weathing is being kind to you in Dallas. We can't wait until it cools down a bit here.

Hi Sharon-

Great minds do think alike--Wrigley is a great name! My sister and her family live in the Woodlands, so that's sort of in your neighborhood--give or take 25 miles or so...

The heat is pretty overwhelming right now--though it's not as humid as your area. It was 106 on Saturday and humid or not, it was HOT! :yikes

Hope you're enjoying your Wrigley as much I do mine!

Denise

icon_welcome

Sorry for the late Welcome just trying to catch up myself.

Aren't they just total luv bugs and so addictive.

This is a great, great board with tons of wonderful folk who offer tons
of wonderful advice.

:mexwav:

Thanks, Linda! Never too late for a nice welcome!

Hi Silly Lilee,

It's nice to meet you! I live in Addison--what part of Dallas do live in? It's alway nice to meet a fellow Dallas-ite! Lilee is such a sweet puppy name!

Hi and welcome! :jump: It is nice to have another Texan on board. I am in Arlington and have a 19 month old tri.

Hi Melanie!

Glad to meet another Texan Cavy lover! We may have to form our own Cavalier club--you, Silly Lilee and I--ha! I love Tri's--it was hard to decide between a Blenheim and Tri. I guess a Tri will be my next furbaby--a while down the road, though. ;)

Hi Janet!

Nice to meet you and I enjoyed cruising your website. What beautiful puppies! I wish I had known about you when I was looking for breeders in this area. I got a beautiful little Blenheim girl, but found out she has been "de-barked". There's a thread in the general discussion forum labled "The Missing Bark"--you'll see the details there.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you and I would certainly be interested in a Fall gathering in this area. If it ever gets to be Fall... ;) This heat is something else!

Keep me posted if you want to plan a gathering this Fall. I'll be glad to help if I can.

Hi Denise - Please feel to contact me anytime :) I always enjoy meeting and chatting with other cavalier owners !!

Yes, I would appreciate anything you would like to do to help with the cavalier gathering!!

Yes, this heat has been crazy - seems my guys only go out at night :yikes

I know, I'd like to take Mia out to start leash training her, but not in this heat! So, we're leashing training in the living room and occasionally in my back yard.

Thanks, I'd love to stay in touch and talk "Cavalier"!

Back