Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eating icecubes

Post Thanks / Like

Default eating icecubes

i found this site by accident, but it has really helped me out and made me a lot more patient, knowing others are going through the same. some uncannily so!! our jadan is now 5 months old and he loves ice cubes. i never leave him alone to do this. he licks them to bits. specially when the weather got really hot recently. i have been freezing the juices that you get at the bottom of my veg steamer( not the yuccy stuff at the very bottom) into my icecube tray and he loves them. i think they help his teething. does anyone think this is wrong. this is my first posting and im not really sure what i am doing. (with this site i mean)

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome. The dog is gorgeous. The ice cubes are fine as far as I know.
    BK

Post Thanks / Like

My Teddy LOVES ice cubes which is great because they are a zero calorie treat for him! He would rather eat ice cubes than drink water from his bowl !

Nancy
    NJ

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcomw

mine all love the ice cubes and like you I put a little veggie water in it...all thoses vitamins etc...I also put a little meat stock in sometimes as well. as long as it isn't greasy or fatty...

Glad you are enjoying the group and your little boy is beautiful

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Post Thanks / Like

Two of my dogs love water ice cubes as treats. My Merry is allergic to most dog foods and dog treats. I have been taking her to a dermatology vet and we have found something that won't make her itch.

Rabbit & Potato dog food diet. She eats dry dog food, but she was chewing everyone's shoes because the poor little girl needed some chew toys. The vet recommended canned dog food (same kind of rabbit & potato) and put dollops of it in an ice cube tray and fill with water and freeze.

Merry loves her little meat ice cube treats. When the other dogs get a regular treat, she gets her meat cube. This solved her need to chew something.
    Charleen and Cav's: Pippin (ruby male), Merry (b&t female), Luke (blenheim male) & Jolly (tri male puppy)

Post Thanks / Like

Ice cubes got us through teething with Gus! He also really liked it when I'd wet one of his rope toys and freeze it. That lasts a long time, and he really enjoyed it. The Petstages Cool Teether stick was also a favorite.
    http://www.petstages.com/default2.asp
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes, mine lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve ice cubes LOL

Post Thanks / Like

You can't push the ice maker in my house without instantly getting an audience of two little doggies waiting for their "treat"!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Both of my girls are cube-a-holics. If you happen to be drinking an ice-cooled drink, they sit next to you, waiting for the fluid to be gone. When they hear the clink of the ice, they get pesky until you give them cubes from the glass. They prefer these cubes as they are softened by the fluid, though they will also eat cubes right out of the freezer.
    Cindy
    Cedar (tri), Willow (blen), Holly (ruby), & Bella (blen)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charleen
    Two of my dogs love water ice cubes as treats. My Merry is allergic to most dog foods and dog treats. I have been taking her to a dermatology vet and we have found something that won't make her itch.

Rabbit & Potato dog food diet. She eats dry dog food, but she was chewing everyone's shoes because the poor little girl needed some chew toys. The vet recommended canned dog food (same kind of rabbit & potato) and put dollops of it in an ice cube tray and fill with water and freeze.

Merry loves her little meat ice cube treats. When the other dogs get a regular treat, she gets her meat cube. This solved her need to chew something.
    What a great idea!
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)