• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

eating icecubes

angie

i found this site by accident, but it has really helped me out and made me a lot more patient, knowing others are going through the same. some uncannily so!! our jadan is now 5 months old and he loves ice cubes. i never leave him alone to do this. he licks them to bits. specially when the weather got really hot recently. i have been freezing the juices that you get at the bottom of my veg steamer( not the yuccy stuff at the very bottom) into my icecube tray and he loves them. i think they help his teething. does anyone think this is wrong. this is my first posting and im not really sure what i am doing. (with this site i mean)

My Teddy LOVES ice cubes which is great because they are a zero calorie treat for him! He would rather eat ice cubes than drink water from his bowl :roll: :roll: :roll: !

Nancy
NJ

Hi and welcomw :flwr:

mine all love the ice cubes and like you I put a little veggie water in it...all thoses vitamins etc...I also put a little meat stock in sometimes as well. as long as it isn't greasy or fatty...

Glad you are enjoying the group and your little boy is beautiful :lotsaluv:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Two of my dogs love water ice cubes as treats. My Merry is allergic to most dog foods and dog treats. I have been taking her to a dermatology vet and we have found something that won't make her itch.

Rabbit & Potato dog food diet. She eats dry dog food, but she was chewing everyone's shoes because the poor little girl needed some chew toys. The vet recommended canned dog food (same kind of rabbit & potato) and put dollops of it in an ice cube tray and fill with water and freeze.

Merry loves her little meat ice cube treats. When the other dogs get a regular treat, she gets her meat cube. This solved her need to chew something.

Ice cubes got us through teething with Gus! He also really liked it when I'd wet one of his rope toys and freeze it. That lasts a long time, and he really enjoyed it. The Petstages Cool Teether stick was also a favorite.
http://www.petstages.com/default2.asp

You can't push the ice maker in my house without instantly getting an audience of two little doggies waiting for their "treat"!

Both of my girls are cube-a-holics. If you happen to be drinking an ice-cooled drink, they sit next to you, waiting for the fluid to be gone. When they hear the clink of the ice, they get pesky until you give them cubes from the glass. :roll: They prefer these cubes as they are softened by the fluid, though they will also eat cubes right out of the freezer.

Charleen said:
Two of my dogs love water ice cubes as treats. My Merry is allergic to most dog foods and dog treats. I have been taking her to a dermatology vet and we have found something that won't make her itch.

Rabbit & Potato dog food diet. She eats dry dog food, but she was chewing everyone's shoes because the poor little girl needed some chew toys. The vet recommended canned dog food (same kind of rabbit & potato) and put dollops of it in an ice cube tray and fill with water and freeze.

Merry loves her little meat ice cube treats. When the other dogs get a regular treat, she gets her meat cube. This solved her need to chew something.
What a great idea!

Open freezer door - and three faces are there, not when I open the fridge door though... I wanna an ice making one Father Christmas.

Yep...Finn loves his ice cubes too! when my nephew goes to the fridge to "make" ice water from the dispenser, Finn is always right in tow because he knows there will be an ice storm shortly...lol.

I never thought of doing the frozen stock though...just like when making baby food and you freeze it into serving sized cubes...lol. I am going to try that with the stock for sure - I have a feeling there will be a very happy little boy here!

Just saw this now... yes our two LOVE Ice-cubes and it does them no harm at all ..... like with the post above - once we push our ice machine in the fridge, the two come running and sit with those adorable eyes waiting for their "treats" !!

All of mine LOVE ice cubes. They also LOVE frozen string beans right out of the freezer...doggie popsicles!

My breeder actually recommended the frozen string beans to me last night ... apparently Lucky has a propensity to overeat ...!!! At 11 weeks, he does not seem fat but is growing fast and he just looooves his food. :lotsaluv: She suggested apple pieces, carrots or frozen green beans as a treat if he acts hungry but has eaten sufficiently for the day ... (this chain gets me wondering how the apple bits might be frozen .... especially since he's teething...) I remember my sister's dog used to love chewing on frozen wet wash cloths when he was a puppy ...

How funny, I just introduced myself in the intro thread and talked about how much my dog loves ice cubes. I thought I'd discovered something new.

Unfortunately, Rudy will also drink alcohol with ice cubes. I had a martini a few weeks ago and he come over and sniffed at it. I thought, well, he sure won't like the smell of that, and YIKES, the next thing I know he takes a drink of it. He made a kinda funny face, and I thought, wll, that's that. And YIKES again, he came over and took another drink. Needless to say, the Martini got dumped out, and the next one stayed up high.

THEN, about a week later, I was drinking a glass of wine, and sure enough, he sniffs....he drinks. My Dog Is A LUSH!

Back