• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New from Kingwood, TX

Sharon

Just wanted to say hello to all the Cavalier owners out there. Just found this site yesterday and am still trying to figure out how to put a picture of our pup on.

We have a lovely 12 week old pup named Wrigley. We have only had him 4 weeks and unfortunately, since his last visit to the vet 3 weeks ago, he has been losing lots of his puppy fur. He had another check up today and the vet is trying to determine what is causing it. Fingers crossed that it is nothing too serious. If anyone else has experienced something similar with their Cavaliers, I would love to hear from you.

icon_welcome I have not had this but somebody will be along who might know but here is the welcome keep us informed :lotsaluv: :jmp: :*nana: :mexwav: Aileen

Welcome Sharon :w**h**:

Happy to hear you have a little boy named Wrigley.
How much fur is he losing, Darby blew some of his puppy coat around the same age.

I supplement 1/8 tsp of fish oil in his kibble 3 times a week.

Anyway a big welcome and this is a marvelous place to find out all about your new addition. :hug:

Hi Linda

He is thinning in quite a few places - belly, back legs, back, neck, chest. He was so cute when we got him but is starting to look a bit sorrowful now. We still love him though. Just waiting for the vet to get back to us with her findings. Fingers crossed that all will be well with him.

Sharon

Hi Sharon, Welcome to the Board. Its good to have another Texas on board! I dont know much about puppies loosing their coat, Sadie was almost 5 month old when we got her. I hope everything is ok.

I love Wrigleys name and cant wait to see pictures.

loosing puppy fur

Hi Sharon,

I am new to the site and just saw your post. I am also from Texas, I live just north or Beaumont.

Anyway, we experienced the same thing with Ava. I got her at 8 weeks and she was shedding alittle. Then around 12 weeks it was really bad. You could not hold her without getting hair all over you. I ask my vet about it and they said that some breeds, cavs being one of them, loose their baby hair and then get their adult coat. Her coat was thinner at the time, but she never had any bald places. I am happy to say that now at 19 weeks her coat is looking great. It is getting longer everyday. The feathering on her legs and tail are coming in nicely. That has been our experience. It is good to know that it seems to be quite normal.

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

Welcome to you and Wrigley (I love that name!) Friday lost quite a bit of her puppy coat about the same age as Wrigley. She was so cute and a little bundle of fur when we got her, but lost so much I could easily see her pink skin underneath. We joked she was going to turn into a Chinese Crested. I called the breeder we purchased her from and she assured me it happens. It all came back in and she's now a little puffball of fur.

He's so cute!

Back