• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Shhhh...don't tell my Mom I did it AGAIN okay?

Finns Family

Does anyone else have to drag their pup away from the mud everytime he gets wet? It's like he wants to be a chocolate lab or something. This was at my nephews 3rd b-day on the weekend and he was all nicely groomed and bright white with silky ears...and then he saw spotted the wading pool. I tried throwing the ball away from the pool, but he just retrieved it, ran across the yard and jumped in the pool with my nephew. Then he got out ran for the swingset and rolled in the sand for a good 3 minutes:-S.

222412712_7a954334db_m.jpg

222412711_9f657bdb96.jpg

That WAS a lovely Burberry collar he was wearing along with his birthday necklace compliments of my 9-year-old daughter. If you take it off, he carries it around with him!

Finnegan looks so happy and muddy :lol: :lol:

Be thankful he didn't find something worse than mud. Luke once rolled in in the most vile animal manure and boy was that nasty to get him clean.

Who knows why they love getting dirty? Finn sure looks proud of his muddy self!

LOL !! :rotfl: LOVE the pictures of Finn.. Did you get to take him back in the car like that or was your family kind enough to let you use their hose? That's too funny!! I love it :)

Now that is one dirty dog!!! :D He looks quite happy though. I love that he carries his birthday necklace with him. How cute!! Murphy's law...bathe them and they're guaranteed to find a mud puddle.

That is so cute! I think they are extra cute when they are all muddy and dirty... :lol: :lol: :lol: It is like they are so proud of themselves...

OMG! someone needs a bath :lol: :lol: :lol: he looks so happy :D

My Annie-Belle loved a good roll in the fox poo, I would bring her home GREEN :yuk: harness, towels from the car...everything :yuk:

As soon as you let her of her lead...she would find it in 20 seconds...you didn't stand a chance!!!

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Oh Alison my Peaches was just the saem, she had an inbuilt cow pat sensor LOL

Finn just looks SO happy...I always think they've enjoyed themselves when they look like this!! At least it was only mud :D

THe best thing for removing obnoxious smells is tomato ketchup :yikes yes really!

If you wet the coat, squirt some ketchup or even tomato puree on to it, rub in well, and then shampoo very well, it usually lifts the smelll and doesn't discolour the coat if you shampoo as well. Makes you wonder what it does to your insides then!

Wow somebody looked like they had a great time, I hear you are going to Norma Moffat's Picnic, hopefully we will be able to meet this lovely boy Fiinn without the mud at first though. :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

I love the deep red in Finn's coat.

I speak with Sara, and I also live in Toronto.
Have you ever been to the picnic before.

Nice to meet you Linda;-)

I have been to the Cavalier Picnic at the Moffats before and it is a LOT of fun...a sea of Cavaliers and everytime you turn around there is another puppy that is related to yours! lol. We will be going this year and look forward to "splash ball" where their waterfront is overrun with Cavy's playing ball in the water.

For all of you UK, EU and US folks, we have a very small community of breeders in Ontario Canada and Lang Moffat is the president of our Cavalier Fanciers Society. Lang and his wife Norma have about 10 acres of property that they open up to any and all cavalier owners for "fun" shows, agility comps and lots of puppy play time on the second saturday of September every year. Since most owners have more than one Cavalier, we people are far outnumbered!lol. Are you going to go Linda? Sara was mentioning you may be going together? We'd love to meet Darby and Dudley :D

Lol...I have just been reading about Alison and Nicki's Poo adventures. We have managed to avoid THAT so far, but Finn has been known to search out dead worms and roll over and over them :yuk:

Yeah, I am laughing here :lol: :lol: :lol: I know this situation. It always happens when you need to have and to show your sweet, clean dog to other people.
Once Brian tooks a bath during the walk in a green, dirty pond one day before the international show. You can imagine what was the condition of his coat next day :sl*p:

Finns Family said:
Nice to meet you Linda;-)

I have been to the Cavalier Picnic at the Moffats before and it is a LOT of fun...a sea of Cavaliers and everytime you turn around there is another puppy that is related to yours! lol. We will be going this year and look forward to "splash ball" where their waterfront is overrun with Cavy's playing ball in the water.

For all of you UK, EU and US folks, we have a very small community of breeders in Ontario Canada and Lang Moffat is the president of our Cavalier Fanciers Society. Lang and his wife Norma have about 10 acres of property that they open up to any and all cavalier owners for "fun" shows, agility comps and lots of puppy play time on the second saturday of September every year. Since most owners have more than one Cavalier, we people are far outnumbered!lol. Are you going to go Linda? Sara was mentioning you may be going together? We'd love to meet Darby and Dudley :D

I am definetely going, and Sara is coming along with me. I am looking forward to it we have only met one other couple who used to live at Leslie & Sheppard with Cavs I have gotten together with them on a few different occasions.
They actually got the 2nd Cavalier from my breeder, who I hope is at the picnic also. She is expecting a litter that wkd, so is not sure if she can make it yet.
I cannot imagine how delightful it will be to be in amongst that many cavaliers. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Should I bring toys and such along too.????????????????

Just curious, I was told that not all of the property is fenced in. I would think not with it being 10 Acres. I have never been because I actually never registered with the Cavalier Fancier Society until this year.

Any suggestions on what finger foods I should bring along, I am going to call and confirm with Peggy next week. But since you have been before maybe you could give me some ideas.

I look forward to meeting Finn, and you meeting the my two precious boys. I also look forward to meeting you and your family amongst many many other cavaliers and family. :D :D :D :D :D :D
Darby's personality is so different from Dudley.
:D :D :D :D :D

Sorry what is your name ????

I don´t remember the classification exactly, Brian was never very succesful on shows, but it was not our first show and we had to listen to the good advice "You should not bath your dog just before the show" all day. :roll:

LMAO @ the dirty little man - he looks so proud of himself!

I wish I'd been able to grab my camera in time earlier. Hubby has virtually barricaded our flower beds off to the dogs but Maxx still found a way in & had a snout around in the dirt :lol:

My youngest took a pic on his phone but we can't put it on the computer :(

HE IS A BEAUTIFUL DOG !!! Even WITH the mud !!!

That will be great for you guys to meet up !!! I wish there were more board members around me !! Have FUN !!!!!!!!!!!! when is it again ??

Oh ..and take lots of pics !

LOL...thanks very much!

We had our play date with Dudley, Kosmo and Darby and true to form, Finn layed down in every puddle, rolled in the sand and introduced Kosmo to our river in the ravine :)

It was really too bad I didn't have my camera because when Sara and I walked over to him stretched out in a really deep mud puddle, we realized he was doing full frog legs underwater! lol.

Needless to say he has had a bath since and looked lovely for an entire evening until our hike the next morning:-S.

Back