• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

frozen and freeze dried raw food?

judy

has anyone tried this kind or anything like it, and are there any opinions abou it?

http://www.stellaandchewys.com/site/products_dogs/index.asp

i was at the pet store tonight buying the red meat version of Evo kibble and was talking about zack getting gas from Evo, and how the Natur Vet digestive enzymes have almost eliminated it, and the guy there was recommending this frozen stuff, and he was saying it's less expensive than feeding Evo kibble. He feeds it to his dog. i think he said it was 54 cents a serving.

i just got the red meat evo last night and it was after zack had already eaten (cleaned his bowl :D ) so i didnt' give it to him yet. in fact, i will need to add it in gradually so im not even going to start giving it to him until next wee at least, i have to buy a new bag of the regular Evo because i'm running out, so i'll have enough to mix. i opened the red meat bag and poured it into a container and it smelled appetizing, at least to me. i have my cat on Evo too now. maybe it's a coincidence, but her stiff legs have seemed better and it looks like hair is growing back on her legs where it was thinning.

Where can you buy Evo dog food? I don't believe I've seen it in the regular pet stores. Or maybe I've missed it.

We had to call around. Usually you can find it at certain veterinarians, training centers, and grooming places that have retail shelves. There may be a zip code search on the Innova website. We buy it at our training center.

Judy let me kno how Zack likes it...mayb I might switch King to it...i'll even try to c if my boss can get a sample bag of it for me to try

Cathy, how long have your babies been on Evo? They look great. I stumbled on some customer reviews of the Evo kibble tonight when trying to find out where it's sold, and almost all were 5 stars, but a few were 1, 2 or 3 stars and a few people said their dogs' energy level went down on it, that was the main and common complaint, and i was asking the guy at the pet store about that tonight--he said carbohydrates are the source of energy and with no grains, Evo can have that effect on some dogs. I thought that by nature, dogs didn't need grains and that they didn't eat grains in the wild, however i was reading on a website tonight of a homeopathic vet, he pointed out that in the wild dogs eat their whole prey including the intestines, and they eat herbivorous animals who have grain in their systems. I know Evo has plenty of vegetables in it and some fruit, just no grain. Zack's been on it a month now, and if anything he has more energy than ever. But i think this high energy level began before the Evo--paradoxically, i think it started about the time he was neutered. One possible explanation of that is that i discovered dog parks a couple of weeks before the neutering and he has been having more exercise and social stimulation since then--maybe this energizes him.

I'm guessing they've been on Evo for at least 1 year. For a little while in the beginning I was mixing it with California Natural Lamb and Rice, thinking they might need grain in their diet. But then I found out our agility trainer feeds her dogs 100% Evo, so I did the same. I didn't notice a change in their energy levels. They all have a lot of energy a certain times of the day. :jmp: They rest quite a bit, too. :slp:

The first delivery of Evo RM (red meat) arrived at the place where I buy it! I'm going to pick up a bag after our trip.

Back