Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Heart of a Cavalier

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They may ony be small but they have a HUGE impact on whoever they meet. They seem to know when things are not going so well..

One of my mum's goldens has just been diagnosed with lymphoma sarcoma. Merlin used to jump up at him but I sat down with him in his bed and told him that Uncle Dollar wasn't well and cried with him. We then went to see my mum and Merlin went straight to Dollar - gave him a gentle kiss and then went to mum to give her a big baby hug (as bug baby hugs always cheer you up).

He seemed to know that the atmosphere was different.......

They are soo intelligent and you can't thank them enough for their kind eyes and gentle expression in all the right situations.

I can only thank Charles II for reintroducing the breed as it is today.
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Thanks so much for everyone's kind words and wonderful, touching stories. I love all of the rewards that come with opening your home and heart to the "kids" and am amazed by how big such small hearts can be I can't say enough how great this community is even though I have only been part of it for such a short time. I have enjoyed "meeting" and hearing about all of you.

Thank-you Karlin et al.

Sincerely,

Robyn & Finn
    Finnegan (Blenheim), Rowan & Robyn

Post Thanks / Like

Wow what touching stories, I had tears in my eyes about both, but happy tears that these wonderful animals can bring such joy to peoples lives.
    Michelle - Mommy to Sabrina, Sebastian, Honey, Cisco and Callie and also human children Mikaya and Cody.

Post Thanks / Like

Great stories! They sure fill up the holes in our hearts...don't they!
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......

Post Thanks / Like

This is the most touching thread ever! It'll take me a while to regain my composure after reading all that

It is so heart waring though to see how special our little dogs can be

Post Thanks / Like

Crying again.. oh no.... they always seem to make you feel better no matter what.....

Thought you meant Avi's dad had had his head shaved... then saw...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claire
    Crying again.. oh no.... they always seem to make you feel better no matter what.....

Thought you meant Avi's dad had had his head shaved... then saw...
    The part about Avi's dad having his head shaved...
    Finnegan (Blenheim), Rowan & Robyn

Post Thanks / Like

Cavs have such beautyfull souls

Post Thanks / Like

Very touching stories here! Finn is a very special one! Thank you so much for sharing such a personal and heartwarming story with us! (I really need to get a box of tissue for the computer now....almost every day I weep when I check in with Cavalier Talk!) Thank you to Sara too.

You know, it isn't a total surprise that our precious ones have such compassion and a knowledge that takes us back at times. Every day my two make me laugh, cry and feel deeply grateful that they are in my life. They are little wonders....I feel like God has given me a very precious gift.....
    Lynn
    Momma to Molly (blen) Maxwell (tri) Nora (blen) and 2 kitties

Ohhh yeah...and 2 human (20 & 21 yr old) "children"

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh... This thread is so touching. Thank you for sharing the wonderful treasures our precious Cavaliers are. I hope someday my little furbaby may aspire to be as compassionate, loving, and forgiving.