• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rawhide-Any good alternatives?

Gingers Mommy

Im trying to find good alternatives to Rawhide for Ginger to chew on. Shes not into Nylabnes and I wont give her rawhide anymore after she got bacteria from it and was having really soft stool for a while. She doesnt mind the cow ears we have for her but she definatly doesnt get into them as much as she did the rawhide we gave her. Any suggestions? :flwr:

We use booda bones, bully sticks, kongs, .. basically anything hard and plastic or hard and rubber.. Kosmo is a HUGE chewer though so we can't go with anything other than the strongest stuff on the market otherwise my investments are torn into shreads within 24 hours!! :yikes :yikes :yikes Kosmo seems to REALLY enjoy the booda bones though. GOod luck! (y)

Tripe Sticks? Yuck :yuk: Memories of my grandmother preparing Haggis has eliminated to word tripe from my vocabulary... :? If it smells bad, Finn would love it though...lol.

My cavs love the bully sticks! Yes, they are a little gross, but they get so much enjoyment I just can't say no! I only buy the golden brownish colored bullies. The sticks with the dark glaze on them give my pups the runs.

We give our two CT chews (from the vet's office), chicken strip chews (from Trader Joe's), stuffed Kongs, and Gus' favorite--an empty Evian or Dasani bottle. :lol:

I can relate to the empty water bottles--Wrigley (my Golden) loves those more than life itself! He pulverizes them though. It's gotten so that he spits out the plastic bits on command from me--ha! If he doesn't, it gets taken away. Goldens are like garbage disposals...

King has booda bones, bully stix (like ones for the same reason as Cathy) flossies, chicken fillets, and I just bought him a lil nylabone which he seems to like

My guys love toilet rolls (empty of course), pleae they have a green plastic thing and a blue bone thing with bobbles on it which cleans their teeth, we did do rawhide chews by Woody always ends up choking.

Back