• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Do your Cavs hunt butterflies?

Hi Alicia,

Dasher and Biker are adorable and I can understand why they like to play in that garden :) Great job on the slideshow!

I have to say I love it when they stand like that...anything to get a little closer to the action.

Just gotta say first that I adore the names, they are so different. 8)

Amazing slideshow, they sure are gorgeous and I just love the one of the two of them looking through the fence. (y) :l*v:

My Dudley goes nuts for Butterflies, Birds and anything that moves. :wggle:
The little one is just learning, but I can already tell he is going to be even more trouble than his older brother.
b*n*n* b*n*n*

Great partners in crime! :lol:

Mine spend hours bug watching, nothing like a good chew on a fly :yikes :yuk:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

What cute picutes! Those deserve framing! I love the names, too. :D

Abbey LOVES butterflies, so much so that I bought her a collar with little butterflies on it. :D She doesn't really go after anything else, but butterflies really set her off!!

Thanks

Gee thanks everybody for the nice comments. Wish I could take credit for their names, but I must defer to my creative breeder (another ex-pat from Scotland, Linda).

Biker is the true hunter; Dasher follows suit and tries to keep up. Biker is the Tricolor flying out of the bushes in one of the pictures. Like Abbey, she doesn't really go for any other type of bug. Sometimes the small moths that come out at night but monarchs are her favorite. Fortunately, she can't catch them...or almost can't... :(

Those pictures are adorable! :flwr: I know about Cavalier who eats butterflies, Fjalar just run after them and wanna "play with them" but he wouldn't THINK about eat them. He would never hurt a fly. Molder has no interest.

thats so cute, pippa has an obsession with butterflys, moths, bees, flies, birds everything that fly's lol. She is so funny if u say to her 'wheres the fly'
she immediatly looks on the walls and perks up trying to find them. she never gets them though! hehehehhe xxxxxxxxxxxx

Chocolate and India have been trying to catch moths that fly around our light on the deck at night. :lol: Geordie prefers chasing rabbits every morning.

They are such serious little hunters :roll: :lol:

Your slideshow is great, what beautiful dogs! And your garden area is beautiful too! It looks like they have a wonderful time chasing butterflies, that is so cute!

Great pictures. Dasher and Biker are great names and lovely pups also. My cavaliers love to chase anything that flies. They are typical little spaniels with hunter in there genes.

They are gorgeous :D I love their names too :)

My two don't really bother about butterflies but my friend's Cav is obsessed by them LOL

What a great selection of photo's - Busta loves chasing flies, moths, butterflys, daddy long legs, anything - he will stare at them for ages - pity they normally head for the uplighter in our front room which normally frys them.....doh :yikes

Back